What's new

CLICKING CLUTCH PEDAL!

Well its a big fat no from Honda Uk e mail this morning says to higher mileage they don't seem bothered that its a long standing fault on Honda's.
Also no motor factors can source this yet its a Honda priced part only.

Now I have a contact in Honda warranty I'm not giving up I will reply & try to see if they will arrange a discount on part only & I will fit its worth a try.

E mail i returned to Honda UK so I'll wait an see.

I'm a little disappointed to here your decision as currently I'm back in Lightcliff while they try to sort the scratch & bonding glue on my o/s & n/s wing & door pillars.

The clutch master cylinder on gen 6 & 7 was also an issue & Honda gave an extended warranty they said they had cured this but obviously not, what I'm saying is I'm one of the early gen 8 with this issue & you may find that at a later date after many complaints that it also becomes an extended warranty issue.

Also regarding good will my old gen 7 had over £2000 in good will at 7 years old just before I bought it AK54ESF.

I'm not looking at warranty for all faults I've just fitted a new dual mass flywheel without contacting yourself s.

But this master cylinder should not be happening on a car now built to German car standards

I propose you could look at a good will discount for the part which I would fit myself.

I'm an ex Mercedes Benz Technician city & guild certified.

Note this is being used as a Taxi & I have had comments from passenger's as to why a loverly car like this as a annoying clicking sound in the cab area.

Look forward to your reply.

Another regular user of the Molykote 55 O-ring grease, which seems to stop the squeak for at least 3-4 months at a time doing average miles with a lot of stop start traffic use....

For a taxi lube does not work i use my clutch more in a night than most will use in a week or more,so a replacement is my only option & still no one should have to be doing this with today's technology's & materials around, Honda need to get there engineering finger out.

I will post Honda's e mail its interesting.

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK)

I am sorry to learn about the issues you have been having with your Accord Tourer. I know that it’s disappointing to have to make these repairs, especially on a car which is known for its reliability. We do, of course, recognise that things can sometimes go wrong at the manufacturing stage. For this reason all of our cars come with a 36-month/90,000 mile warranty. When a car has problems beyond this time period, we consider the circumstances carefully and sometimes contribute towards repairs.

Honda (UK) base our goodwill decisions on the age, mileage and service history of the vehicle. I understand from speaking to Lightcliffe Honda that the repairs on you EGR pipe are being carried out under warranty, Due to the mileage of your vehicle, Honda (UK) would be unable to contribute towards the repairs for the clutch master cylinder.

Thanks once again for contacting Honda (UK) and i am sorry that this isn't the answer you were looking for, if you wish to discuss this please contact me directly on

Has i said if enough Gen 8 owners add their names & problem here or better still contact Honda Uk then this will be made an extended warranty issue.

Any body want this e mail then PM me.

I'm getting the clicking sound, it is annoying and it is clicking once as i push down, havent tried the grease trick yet, but i have a 08 plate and have just hit 90k miles. what to do???

DJSR said:
I'm getting the clicking sound, it is annoying and it is clicking once as i push down, havent tried the grease trick yet, but i have a 08 plate and have just hit 90k miles. what to do???
A call to Honda is worth a shot, you meet their mileage policy but your over on age worth a phone call

shaun75 said:
A call to Honda is worth a shot, you meet their mileage policy but your over on age worth a phone call
Cheers for the reply Shaun. Just called my local Brayley Honda in Enfield, they want me to go there and they will run a diagnostic. They confirmed there was a bulletin made with the Civic & CRV but not the Accord. Will let you guys know how i get on.

DJSR said:
Cheers for the reply Shaun. Just called my local Brayley Honda in Enfield, they want me to go there and they will run a diagnostic. They confirmed there was a bulletin made with the Civic & CRV but not the Accord. Will let you guys know how i get on.
I am very close to Enfield honda. Let me know how it goes as I have the same proboem

DJSR said:
Hamid92 said:
I am very close to Enfield honda. Let me know how it goes as I have the same proboem
Here is Honda UK e mail & direct number I'd give them a call too, they will give you a reference number then they wait for your dealer to send details including age, mileage, & service history remember you are looking for good will warranty as this is a common issue with all Honda's.

Please be aware she is pre programmed to say no lol !!! but I'm on a loser straight away as i use it as a taxi.

Note!!! the price of this part is just a few pence shy of £200.00 inc vat but you may get up to 10% discount if your cheeky & ask for it.

karla.britton@honda-eu.com

[SIZE=12pt]01753 590 338[/SIZE]01753 590 338

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype

Hamid92 said:
Ok Hamid will do.

@Shaun, thanks for all the info mate, i am on they're case!

Any body wanting to go to the top here's Honda Uk CEO e mail note i have not tried this yet so hope its up to date ?

philip.crossman@honda.co.uk

01753 59050001753 590500

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype

I never had any luck with this Shaun, sorry i never got back, i'm also a private hire cabby, been very busy clicking about lol

I'm on 120k now and i've been using the plastic grease spray my mechanic gave me, but that finished and i never got the name off him.

Anyway, the clicking is back, but not as bad and only does it now and then!

I can't seem to find the spray version of this Molykote 55 O-ring grease, but i found this one, i wonder if its any good??

http://refinishsystems.com/gt85-spray-lubricant-400ml&currency=GBP&language=en?gclid=CLjWypi89sQCFQoEwwodSKYABg

If I was gonna do this I would use the supplied tube first, and see what results that gave. Failing that I would use the syringe method and spray the stuff into the syringe for use. If anybody tries either method, an update would be useful for fellow members. Best wishes

Peterbfd said:
Ohh and it comes with a free gift.....

Just to clarify, the grease instructions are to use a syringe and squeeze it into the washer with the holes while pushing the pedal down
What do you do with the spray, same ?
the Spray comes with a nozzle which you attach to the spray Peter. Wonder what the free gift will be.... :blink:

Instructions say to spray and leave for 20-30 minutes to allow the lubrication to settle. I would spray some in and pump the clutch a few times to let it spread, leave for half hour and see how it is then. If its still clicking, add some more till it stops, if it doesnt, then fail.

Ok the above spray has done the trick and the clutch feels much smoother, biting point has improved also. Lets see how long it goes on for. Will report back if it returns.

I attached the long nozzle to the spray, pushed the clutch down and spray around the hole area, there was also another white plastic bit that pushes onto something, i also sprayed that, stick ya head under there and get busy lads !

Hope this helped and cheers to the man who recommended this O-Ring spray! Good choice!

DJSR said:
Ok the above spray has done the trick and the clutch feels much smoother, biting point has improved also. Lets see how long it goes on for. Will report back if it returns.

I attached the long nozzle to the spray, pushed the clutch down and spray around the hole area, there was also another white plastic bit that pushes onto something, i also sprayed that, stick ya head under there and get busy lads !

Hope this helped and cheers to the man who recommended this O-Ring spray! Good choice!
You're welcome dude, that chain grease always did it for my bikes, which had regina o ring chains as a matter of choice. Good stuff, as it's proven against heat, friction heat.

adam123 said:
Anybody fixed this recently? Would a lithium grease work?
Don't do it please it will leak fliud into the cab area i know i was the smart arse that tried it yes it worked as far as the clicking goes but can cause the seal to weep fluid luckly it stopped.

After reading what DJSR has done i'm going to order it now an give it a shot.

PS my mate is a biker mechanic & confirmed its a lube to protect delicate o rings but still gives lubrication where needed.

DJSR said:
I never had any luck with this Shaun, sorry i never got back, i'm also a private hire cabby, been very busy clicking about lol

I'm on 120k now and i've been using the plastic grease spray my mechanic gave me, but that finished and i never got the name off him.

Anyway, the clicking is back, but not as bad and only does it now and then!

I can't seem to find the spray version of this Molykote 55 O-ring grease, but i found this one, i wonder if its any good??

http://refinishsystems.com/gt85-spray-lubricant-400ml&currency=GBP&language=en?gclid=CLjWypi89sQCFQoEwwodSKYABg
Hi Serg

How as it gone so far any news ? If it only lasts a few weeks before a new dose i'd be happy as long as its not eating away at the o ring.

Mines a constant click & you feel it come back up your leg i was about to go for the new master cylinder but i'll give the bike chain grease ago, the Honda price was around £166.00 plus the chancellor's 20% tip.

shaun75 said:
Hi Serg

How as it gone so far any news ? If it only lasts a few weeks before a new dose i'd be happy as long as its not eating away at the o ring.

Mines a constant click & you feel it come back up your leg i was about to go for the new master cylinder but i'll give the bike chain grease ago, the Honda price was around £166.00 plus the chancellor's 20% tip.
Hi Shaun,

Everything is still fine here mate, no clicking, clutch is smooth as ever. If your worried about your seals, just dont over spray it, i literally just did a few sprays with the clutch pedal right down, then pumped it a few times. Clicking has gone, instantly!

Hope this helps.

DJSR said:
Hi Shaun,

Everything is still fine here mate, no clicking, clutch is smooth as ever. If your worried about your seals, just dont over spray it, i literally just did a few sprays with the clutch pedal right down, then pumped it a few times. Clicking has gone, instantly!

Hope this helps.
Hi Serg

My Grease arrived yesterday so I got down an dirty the tubes a bit short so did a mod to make it easier as my frame is old & large so very difficult to get down there lol.
Last night felt a treat so it's see how long it lasts now.

I never mentioned I also had a clicking sound coming from the steering column so I removed the surrounding including the lower u/j cover & litely sprayed around in there & after a year of clicking that to as gone.
It sounded similar to the click the indicator stork makes when it automatically gets knocked off.

I could not find anything on it on forums only in the US where cars have been recalled for a clicking sound from the steering column.

Happy days for now have a good weekend regards Shaun.

Glad you got it sorted after all this time Shaun. I think you'll find that the grease will last a while, just try not to over spray it!

Take it easy.

Serg :)

GSD2013 said:
This is a great tip, thanks for that.

I've still got half a tube of Molykote in the garage but the nozzle is about 4 times the diamater of the lube hole behind the pedal, and I am not exactly the most petite, so I've been putting off another application of it.