What's new

Clutch replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
lightsaber_duel.gif

so it OK for any engine to eats its clutch, but it not ok when the petrol make more power and would eat an I-ctdi for breakfast.

How much does a 2.4 produce?

Faddys stage 1 remap can bring the diesel into the 190bhp ranges

:)

one day... kick yo azz on an endurance race for sure...

:p

CJ could you afford the fuel bill to get to Santa Pod?

by the way the vtech engine is not hondas greatest engine...far from it

the best engine currnetly honda has produced is the HF120 Turbofan but i dont see diesel near this spec... strange for an engine which has the 'grunt'

yes its a joint venture between honda and ge... but ge have proven track records both in military and civilian aircraft's plus they joined with Lockheed...nuff said !!

There;s no petrol there either bud ;).

Is aviation fuel not more closely related to Diesel than petrol - will have a google later maybe.

^^ true but was just pointing out what hondas best engine was.....

has anyone else felt that whenever a diesel engine is described as a common rail diesel engine that it sounds so last century lol

lol just for the record - I have raced my friends Accord which is a remapped diesel by Fahad with my stock 2.0, up a steepish 3 mile road and he could just about keep up ;) there were a few moment where he would edge forward until he ran out of revs but thats all... LOL

and also yes this was done on a private road ;-)

Wow Jav. Where was this private road?? I'm interested. A similar unprivate road is the M606 :)

Wow Jav. Where was this private road?? I'm interested. A similar unprivate road is the M606 :)

this was a friends private airfield down south LOL - funny you mention the M606 I actually live very close to there... but last time I checked the limit was 70mph up there ;-) haha

lol just for the record - I have raced my friends Accord which is a remapped diesel by Fahad with my stock 2.0, up a steepish 3 mile road and he could just about keep up ;) there were a few moment where he would edge forward until he ran out of revs but thats all... LOL

and also yes this was done on a private road ;-)

Sorry Jav but have to disagree there. Ive also driven the 2.0 ivtec and I have to say it would match a stock diesel but after a map theres not much chance of the 2.0 ivtec matching what the diesel produces.

Again I hope this test was done on a private road mate lol

Sorry Jav but have to disagree there. Ive also driven the 2.0 ivtec and I have to say it would match a stock diesel but after a map theres not much chance of the 2.0 ivtec matching what the diesel produces.

Again I hope this test was done on a private road mate lol

nah stock diesel I can eat all day long lol... theres not enough power in a stock diesel to keep up... anyway agree to disagree LOL also I have friends with 2.0TDI 140 PD engines and even them cant keep up lol

Man I've heard some crap in my life :rolleyes:

look lets finish this diesel vs petrol debate once and for all.....

lets have a race with the best diesel honda against the best petrol honda.... i think you can see what we vtec boys are gonna call upon.. rims with a filthy word

have to agree with Anojan... im up for the challenge on any stock diesel here lol we need a track day meet :)

OK you guys organise if you're so bothered about proving a point and I'm sure some of us will find the time to turn up ;)

For now, let's just end this childish stupidity before it gets out of hand.

^^ agree me included in this stupidity but its getting out of hand now on most new topics anyway hope op gets everything sorted and hope the dmf is not a problem but you should give it to a garage you trust in all seriousness because in this day and age money speaks louder than words

May the race begin :lol:

Hell yeah , I for one cant wait to wipe the grins off your diesel faces..bring it on.

Just for reference what does the 2.4 produce in terms of bhp?

Post #37 mate , we going round in circle you have nothing to fear just get yourself down and then you can calculate bhp to your hearts content.
199 BHP :ph34r:

Im fast loosing patience with this constant petrol vs diesel business every other thread ends up with it.

I want an end to it period!

Status
Not open for further replies.