What's new

Coilovers and Camber Nightmare.....

burbleboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 2007
Hi folks!

I purchased a set of rear top adjustable rods for my Accord and got them fitted today...then taken back off again.

The ball joint on the adjustable rods do not pivot enough to allow a safe clearance / movement.

To fix the problem i would have to modify...the modified part. Work that out! The ball joint would need to have a kink in it to allow free movement.

The standard ball joint HAS BETTER MOVEMENT...around a 2mm gap. It is safe to drive on standard rod as there is a constant 2mm gap.

Has ANYONE lowered their Accord more than normal and may have come accross this problem before?

And, is there anything else i can do / purchase that would solve problem?

Pictures below;

STANDARD ROD
photo2-1.jpg

HEELTOE ROD
photo3-1.jpg

HAS BEEN RAISED SLIGHTLY SINCE THIS PIC WAS TAKEN. TRYING TO GET REAR CAMBER RIGHT....
DSC00796.jpg

Sorry..posted in wrong section....me bad!!!

Its probably because you've slammed the car so much that you're actually tuck the rear alloy that the upper arm is no use. Was the car put back on the ground with the upper arm installed? Might get better results with the rear end raised to a more safer height

agree with you blue mate, try raising the height at the back a bit more....

Some cars just can't go on their belly. The handling cann't be very good with it that low.

Your on the TSX forum i recognise your car mate. Im running the same make coil overs but your drop is mental! How low are you?

Im 90mm front and back

Faz

Why are you even bothering with struts :rolleyes:

Sorry not my cup of tea but I'd be interested in how you resolve this.

I think the ***le should say " outside its maximum safe limit" rather than "Useless"

I have them on my car and they work fine.
Theyre just not suitable for what you want them to do. You wouldnt even get rose-joints to work through those angles.

im liking what im seeing.. all u need now is some deep *** rims lol

on a serious note i have well at elast i think i have resolved this a bit for my car as its dropped mental and it cant even move out of the garage lol jsut wanted to see how much i can get away with
anyway i found that the spc camber arms were the right ones for the job so might be worht investing in one of those and also a kkk arm joint and lower control arms aswell ( kkk now make some for the cl7 wich i was very happy about ) then you need some spacers coz i found that my 10s at the back where hitting my suspension ( the top wheels with the negative camber ) so i had some spacers installed and got a friend fo mine to pull the arches as much as he could and roll it yes the paint cracked but that was to be expected and im getting it painted so wasnt a bother for me.

the spc's i found had enough movement for safe clearance but adding the lower control arms helped alot let me know how it goes but the man you want to speak to is Dean Reddy hes on this forum to just pm him

im liking what im seeing.. all u need now is some deep *** rims lol

on a serious note i have well at elast i think i have resolved this a bit for my car as its dropped mental and it cant even move out of the garage lol jsut wanted to see how much i can get away with
anyway i found that the spc camber arms were the right ones for the job so might be worht investing in one of those and also a kkk arm joint and lower control arms aswell ( kkk now make some for the cl7 wich i was very happy about ) then you need some spacers coz i found that my 10s at the back where hitting my suspension ( the top wheels with the negative camber ) so i had some spacers installed and got a friend fo mine to pull the arches as much as he could and roll it yes the paint cracked but that was to be expected and im getting it painted so wasnt a bother for me.

the spc's i found had enough movement for safe clearance but adding the lower control arms helped alot let me know how it goes but the man you want to speak to is Dean Reddy hes on this forum to just pm him

Just back from holiday so sorry for late reply!= :unsure:

aaah Anojan! I remember you and your car from the last Accord website! ;)

I had ordered the top adjustable arms from Heeltoe.com and thought that they would do the desired job, however the garage fitting them said that it needs a bigger angle to adjust the top negative camber...in the process of getting an elbow made for free so aint that bad. i'm like yourself, like a low drop. Alot of people on TSX forum and a couple on here dont get the appeal and prefer perfect handling, which is good of course but i prefer different looks as i do not drive fast through country roads or track my car...hence no need for perfect handling! :D

I will see how the modified top arms turn out before i pm Dean Reddy mate. If my plan is crap then i will have to take car elsewhere to get sorted...it cost £200 to fold my arches and fitting the kit was a more than i expected as most of the bloody bolts were seized solid!! :(

I like a challenge so happy to plod away!

Thanks for the reply btw

Ali