What's new

Cold starting problems (not like others )

I'm sorry if my posts are not clear enough to understand what is the problem but i'm doing the best i can with my english knowledge

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

hey don't worry, honestly no problem

I'm just wondering if there is something that is draining the battery when the car is left overnight. With the car being 2006 then it doesn't have the HFT/bluetooth (Hands Free Telephone) which is known to drain the battery, but if you have a trickle-charger try leaving that on the car overnight to see if that makes a difference. If you can't leave the charger on the car over-night then remove the battery and leave it on charge in the house (but make sure the room is vented).

Try that to see what happens.

Yes the car ha e the HFT and i already readed somewhere that can cause problems ( not turning off if i remember well ) ... i will try to charge the battery over the night and in the morning i will see if changed something...

I wasn't sure if the HFT was in 2006.

Anyway, it's the HFT, they all go faulty and drain the car battery when the car is parked up and locked.

Remove the HFT module and see if that cures the problem

Removal instructions in #10 in this thread http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1383-hft/ it is very easy to remove

Tryed to charge the battery over the night and the car starts normaly but didn't changed the ABS kick...lets resolve one per one problem...i have to try to disconect the HFT and see if that is the problem of the battery draining...i will take u updated

yep take out the HFT module and you will find that the car always starts ok, but the ABS thing may be something else

So...HFT disconected for 2 days and all seem to be like it should...the car starts "normaly" but the starter motor maybe are showing some symptoms of power loss...is tired :) ...So starting problem solved but still at 20 km/h the "ABS kicks in yo" :) i paid some atention to the kick sound and i think that is coming from the front left brake...Do you recomend to check the ABS sensors/cables/conectors to clean maybe?? How to diagnose what is causing that problem? If the original Honda tester did not found any faulty how can i discover it? One solution should be change part per part until find the reason but this could cost a lot of money

re the starting issue now, how old is the battery, and has it ever gone flat ?

re the ABS, if there was a fault in any of the sensors or in the modulator itself, even if it was temporary, the ABS light would come on briefly and there would be a DTC stored in the ABS unit (which cannot be read with a cheap OBD reader). It might simply require a flush of the brake fluid ? How many miles/km has the car done ?

The battery is new...and it's a competition one (75ah 3000A )...the flush will be done next week because i have to change the brakes (i burned them) the car have now 225k km

might be a slightly "tired" starter motor then, but good to know that the HFT "drain" has gone

225k km = 140k miles which is not a lot, but yep, try a flush

When i will finish to check the brake system i will let you know...Thanks a lot for now

I dont think that check abs is related to hard cold start probobly sensor is dying .I had same problem had abs light on off until it completely went on and scanner showed rear left sensor dead.Cold starting problems most of the times its glow plugs.If it would be starter problem it would be hard to start all the time not only when its cold.Dont start replacing all parts untill you know exactly what is wrong you will waste money and time.Check glow plugs.If it would be electricity problem your fuses would blow up or at least you would get some codes on scanner. :D

his abs light doesn't come on, the cold starting problem was mainly caused by the HFT drain

Glow plugs are new from Denso and the scanner of honda dealer did not show any faulty codes...i just can't understand the pop up message on the lcd of the speedometer "check system" or "check abs"...i don't know what to do...only thing i can do to try flush...and if that will not help i will try to buy some used sensors of abs from brakers and change them...like said the sound comes from the front left brake so this will be the next step to do...this is only the way that i think i should take

Hi guys

Again after long time

So i flushed the system, changed both front ABS sensors(4max), discs(MTEC brakes), pads(EBC Red Stuff), hoses (HEL) and brake master cylinder (Metelli)

But again no improvment in the problem of the punch so i decided to go again to the Honda dealer. They made a reflush checked all the braking system...the answer...this braking system is in better condition then new... yes i belive them...it's everything new :)

So is there any point to continue the research ??

Thank u guys for the support

Hi guys

Again after long time

So i flushed the system, changed both front ABS sensors(4max), discs(MTEC brakes), pads(EBC Red Stuff), hoses (HEL) and brake master cylinder (Metelli)

But again no improvment in the problem of the punch so i decided to go again to the Honda dealer. They made a reflush checked all the braking system...the answer...this braking system is in better condition then new... yes i belive them...it's everything new :)

So is there any point to continue the research ??

Thank u guys for the support

Nothing found at two diferent honda dealers in two diferent countries

Is there any other options to look...in that thread i did not put the pics of new front ABS sensors

Uff... I have no idea what to do with this :)

Yes i could be useful...but at that point i will need the values

Today i noticed another thing... On a highway with cruise control activated, i want to accelerate but with holding the button on the steering wheel, it started to accelerate and then stoped for few seconds and then again accelerate normal... I tried few times and this trick does not do every time..just once yes and one not... It not depends of the speed... To me it sound that one of the four ABS sensors stops reading for a moment...

I would expect the ABS light to flash and then find a stored code.

If you can, just compare electrical resistance values of each sensor at the point where they plug into the VSA/ABS unit

Good point... i will measure and take u updated

For first i will measure on each conector of the abs sesnors