What's new

cylinder order, 2.2 i-ctdi

Kim

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
hey,

this might be a stupid question, but can anyone tell what is the order of the cylinders?

which cylinder is number one, if you were standing, in front of the car, looking at the engine

I had to replace all the injectors, so now I have to code the new ones. but i need to know what is cylinder 1, 2, 3, 4

this is honda accord, 2.2 i-ctdi, 2006

thanks

000000562636.jpeg
(same engine, but not my pic)

Always been 1-2-4-3, with 1 being the one nearest the timing chain.

There has been a lot of development work on motorcycle engines with dual firing and 270 cranks to peak the power in the past, very interesting if you have time to read.

That's a surprise, I looked in the desktop mk7 manual but couldn't find anything official to help. Do you have anything by Honda?

Not Honda, but an 'enthusiast'

Rin Baruah, IITian, Manipalite ,F1 enthusiast and a true lover of India
Answered Jul 12, 2015 ยท Author has 102 answers and 210.1k answer views

It's not necessarily 1-3-4-2 even though it's the most common firing order of a 4 cylinder engine. The firing order is decided on various factors like geometry of engine, construction of the crankshaft, construction of the cylinder walls , effectiveness of the coolant , etc. An example of a different firing order maybe seen in the Honda CBR 600 RR which uses 1-2-4-3 as its firing order.

I have not had a good look at the i-ctdi top camshafts to check when valves open/close while cranking, (I would leave that to the o/p) ;)

The firing order (1243) of these motorbikes for over a decade caused me many head scratching moments- japanese in line 4cyl car engines all use 1342 firing order and I ***umed my bikes would be the same .

Shouldn't the order be 1342

The firing order (1243) of these motorbikes for over a decade caused me many head scratching moments- japanese in line 4cyl car engines all use 1342 firing order and I ***umed my bikes would be the same .

Shouldn't the order be 1342

The last link I posted is related to Honda bike engines, their first inline fours. Since the N22 series engine is Honda's design from the ground up, I would envisage the company would continue a trend that has no disadvantages ( save confusion on forums like this, and certain DIY manuals - Clymer for example)

Sorry, I have really no other data apart from well thumbed Haynes manuals for the CB350/400F and the CB750/900/1100F to hand.