What's new

Diesel bashing thread! (Only kidding - pros and cons discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat... it's not bashing anything. The ***le's just tongue in cheek. Diesel's have their place as much as Petrols. I liken this whole debate to the 16 bit console wars of the early 90s. The SEGA Mega Drive versus the Super Nintendo. Both very different animals, both great inventions. Both had their place. People picked their sides for personal reasons and now they're redundant technology (which petrol and diesel will be in a couple of decades) people look back fondly on both consoles, for their merits and their shortcomings, which with nostalgia have become charming, endearing. I don't understand how people can be annoyed that other people might not like an engine model/design. Life's too short to worry about such things. There's no bias here.

Well said Steve.

Just to iterate Steve's point this thread is about the engines and engines only.
If it's not to do with the engines then please do not comment.

Looking back at this thread and there is some really good content but then it's also filled with pointless posts which all seem personal.

Let's just keep the threads clean and relevant

Stevearcade said:
I repeat... it's not bashing anything. The ***le's just tongue in cheek. Diesel's have their place as much as Petrols. I liken this whole debate to the 16 bit console wars of the early 90s. The SEGA Mega Drive versus the Super Nintendo. Both very different animals, both great inventions. Both had their place. People picked their sides for personal reasons and now they're redundant technology (which petrol and diesel will be in a couple of decades) people look back fondly on both consoles, for their merits and their shortcomings, which with nostalgia have become charming, endearing. I don't understand how people can be annoyed that other people might not like an engine model/design. Life's too short to worry about such things. There's no bias here.

Status
Not open for further replies.