What's new

Diesel Exhust manifold details

Eddie29

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 Tourer
firstly can I say thank you for the mine of info on this site and for those that have posted it, now to my issue, my 55 plate has been written off...... rear end shunt, but it is a lovely car so I am looking for another to replace it, however the car I am looking at is a 06 with 127k on it so its most likely out of Hondas warranty if there is an issue with the exhaust manifold, which I had done for the cost of a check on my old car.

I am looking to speak to Honda uk and the dealer to see if the manifold has been changed and have first hand experience of the smell test.

What would be very helpful is any pictures of the two different types of manifold that have been used.

Haven't got a picture, but older, 2-part, welded manifold has 3 bolts holding on the heatshield. Newer, single-cast manifold has 2 bolts holding on the heatshield.

EDIT - Welcome to TypeAccord. Why not post an introduction in the Newbies section!

Welcome - even if it's not done and needs it, it can be fixed for as little as £200 so not the end of the world.

thanks for the replies so far, I found a kit on ebay for the one part manifold which comes with a silver heat shield and from memory and a pic on here the two part is black. Is this always the case ? Also is it easy to see the bolts if I remove the engine cover?

Fahad, I take it the £200 is for the guy in Bradford?

Heat sheild is the same colour on both, but the number of bolts holding it on is the easiest indicator of which one you have.
On a cold engine you could feel down the back of the engine if you can't actually see it, but as far as I know all facelifts had the newer manifold fitted.

Time for a round up. I have looked at a few tourers and all the 06 facelifts I have seen a three bolt and I have to admit Honda UK have been quite helpfully whit giving details. i.e. if there has been a claim or the dealership /s that have serviced the car. They also confirmed the 7 year 125k warranty.
I could not find anything with a two bolt heat shield so I have gone for a nice looking silver 06 which has a very clean looking heat shield/ manifold and will see how things go.

so thanks and happy motoring