What's new

Diesel Feels Like It Missfires

Dave04

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel
I was after some help, Ive recently serviced the car and am now getting what feels like a missfire at about 3000rpm, it has only happend twice in the past two weeks but im not sure what it is any ideas??

Also after searching on here I found that I should have used genuine Honda fuel filter but havent so dont know if thats causing the problem, im not getting any warning lights after it bumps just works like normal and the clutch is fine so am now completely lost lol

i doubt the fuel filter is causing the problem yet it maybe you had some air in the system and now its moved and worked its way out

thanks for the quick reply, yeh i thought that but is that still possible even after 2 weeks?? could some sluge have built up somewhere in the fuel system restricting the flow?

Ha, just noticed i managed to post this 3 times and dont know how to remove the other 2.

Dave, if you didn't use a Honda fuel filter, I would change it to one first. Not using a genuine filter is probably the most likely reason for your problem. It's been proven time and time again.

99% mate its because you didn't use a genuine Honda fuel filter

yeah will have to give that a shot, thanks
I made the mistake when I first got my iCTDI to fit an aftermarket fuel filter. The next day after about 50mls it started to misfire badly in the mid rev range for about 5secs, stopped for a couple of mins and did it again. It never happened the next day but started again a couple of days later. Got a genuine Honda fuel filter put on, no problem since. This was before I became a member of this good site and found out it was a problem with non genuine parts. Bit like my other half this car, a bit fussy.

I think you've answered your own question here!

Change the FF for a genuine Honda one it will most likely solve the problem.

Matt

Yeah if it didn't do it before and only does it after the FF change - then change it for a genuine one and ensure it's bled of any air properly.

:lol:

It usually does :lol: