What's new

Difficult to change down through the gears

Dan, I also wasn't going to mention your little mistake :lol:

Great to see you making progress Dan, If its not slave cylinder then hopefully the bleeding should fix it. Its possible you need another go bleeding it as some air might have crept back in. Not sure on our cars but others are very picky how you bleed the clutch some needing it done under vacuum? What size is the bleed screw 9mm?

CJ and Faddy are of course talking about 2 totally different mistakes :lol: and I ain't saying out more about them :lol:

Hang on - haven't read the other recent posts....

It's an 8mm nut, and mine got a little munched as I didn't get a ring spanner until after a little jaunt to Halfrauds for some more fluid (stuff taste horrid BTW). Got a 5 litre bottle in the end :lol:

I see how it drives over the week (the missus will give an impartial opinion) and if there is an improvement then I will use today's experience to do another bleed next week. I want to get a different tube to use as the one I had only sealed over the bleed nipple when it was too far over the spanner flats.

I am also a little worried about the amount of spilled fluid from one of my, ahem, little mistakes. But is is mainly on the sub frame and skid pan thingy, so there shouldn't bee too much to worry about.

I will also check for movement on the push rod and see if I can collar another iCTDI driver randomly. Annoyingly we have a member in the next village but he hasn't been active or yonks.

What do we think about the before and after shots of the fluids?

^^ and he is a plumber by trade.:lol:
oi... I deal with nice clean pipes, don't often have to worry about frigging gravity, and don't have to worry about dropping bits into expensive engines :lol: My hands are too flipping big for our engine bays that's all :blush: :ph34r:

So, the missus went for a spin to St Albans today and reports an improvement... 60% was her words, but what that means is anyone's guess. So i think another bleed of the clutch fluid is in order and then I will take it in. My neighbour's son came back from a stag weekend and said that he'll take a look once his hangover subsides (Sunday :lol:)

Perhaps then I will have a mechanic's insight into the problem.