What's new

DIY - Brake discs and pads change 03+ (updated)

Sorry am at work, perform this test search for honda accord brake booster and master cylinder testing look on honda-tech and perform test

sent using tapatalk

sent using tapatalk

I'm going to have to change the rear pads on my 53 plate Accord Saloon soon. It's a CL7 model and has Lucas calipers on the rear rather than alternative Akebono ones.

I have an official Honda main dealer workshop manual on disk which has been very handy but this time it's thrown up a discrepancy with this particular job. Everyone here is talking about winding (rotating) back the rear pistons and I'm well familiar with this procedure having done it many times on my previous cars of various makes. However my workshop manual says just push them back as you would with the front ones and I'm wondering whether that is actually the correct procedure for Lucas rear calipers?

I know Akebono calipers have to be wound back as I had them on a Mazda 626 I used to own but I've never worked on Lucas calipers. Can anyone help clear this up? I don't want to damage the calipers by using the wrong procedure.