What's new

Diy DPF removal

mikeutton

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type R
Hi

I have a 2008 Accord Diesel which is currently in limp mode.

My dpf light came on recently so i put dpf flush, redex and thrashed the car down the motorway for 4 hours but it is still in limp mode.

I am resigned to getting rid of the dpf but want to find someone near to Nottingham Derby or Leicester to do the removal and ECU remap. Can anyone suggest anywhere please?

The alternative is to split the dpf, take the innards out then re-weld it, has anyone done this succesfully before?

I am desperate to get this fixed Asap

Hello pal. Have a word with F6had on here. He runs a company that does this job. They are based in west yorkshire but its not too far from notingham.

Check under our traders section under Premier Tuning. His member reviews speak volumes

To answer the thread ***le, this wouldn't be possible as a DIY which simply ripped out the DPF innards... the ECU map will require modification to avoid warning lights.

Not a diy job mate, and there are examples of where this has gone wrong especially when the cat is damaged or removed.

Nottingham is not far, we have customers travelling to us from all over the UK for this.

Have a look at our facebook pages and do a search on this forum. If interested drop me a line for pricing and more info.

If DPF is removed and remaped to stage 1. how is the clutch holding such power? Any issues?

I am planing to buy the facelisft model with DPF therefore I am interested?

Clutch is the same for 03-05 and 06-08 accrods?

You're looking at 7th gen Accords, they don't have a dpf.

F6HAD said:
You're looking at 7th gen Accords, they don't have a dpf.
Thanks. anyway what about clutch? any difference face-lift pre-face-lift?

No difference. The revised Honda clutch is part number ending 325 which is an improved design anyway