What's new

DPF What is it?

Nothing new is it. Modifications have always been a warranty and insurance void if not declared.

Had my Dpf light taken turned off tonight by Fahad thanks for coming out your way to sort it il be in touch next month to have the dpf removed will be glad to get rid of it cheers again

No probs mate.

Also worth mentioning here that you are an MOT tester ;) Remember to take those before and after emissions and smoke test readings so we can share with the members and put some minds at rest.

Yes defo will be doin a before and after smoke test to show everyone the results

Was reading somewhere on another forum... VW/Audi I think, but a guy there put 300ml of 2 stroke oil in his tank at each fill up and that has reduced his emissions/smoke test results on his DPF removed TDi engine, I guess that the lower burning temperature of the oil cleans out the crap more ???

I know some on here put 2 stroke in their 7th Gens, but not heard anyone as of yet to try it in their 8th.....I imagine if your car is still fitted with a DPF then this would be a no no!... but for those who have their DPF removed could this be an option to keep the readings lower?

I know someone who puts it in his st mondeo i wouldnt want to try it on mine tbf not sure if it would be alright or not on the 8th gen

If it's only to get it through an mot, I don't see the point as there is no issue in getting it through an mot now with DPF removed.

Cant see what it would do tbf i wouldnt do it to any of my cars

Of topic what size did you say i need for the spigot rings for the mazda wheels Fahad

F6HAD said:
No probs mate.

Also worth mentioning here that you are an MOT tester ;) Remember to take those before and after emissions and smoke test readings so we can share with the members and put some minds at rest.
I await results with interest, but i do have my own & they were not good 3+ on the first throttle blip 0.64 average.
Also has i pass a certificate of compliance not an actual MOT they now have the power (new policy at Warrington) upon major failures to give immediate off road notice when given you also have to test the car 3 times a year for rest of its life instead of the current twice & you can be put in front of the sub committee & have your driver badge revoked of removed.

So for Taxi drivers at least we have a lot more to lose than a simple you have failed sir because you don't have a filter in there my lively hood could be at stake & for what.

The report from the insurance company's is they will not accept it as a declared modification because its illegal if you declare it they will cancel your insurance.

Im an mot tester and a taxi tester i would of passed your car cause its a Honda ;) i do think the taxi tests are a joke i can understand makin it safe but some of the items that the car can fail on are stupid

:unsure:...hmm interesting ... still going to have mine removed though, as I cant see anything more than a visual test being in place for the next few years, by which time I would have changed car again...maybe even for a petrol ! :eek:

adamk said:
Im an mot tester and a taxi tester i would of passed your car cause its a Honda ;) i do think the taxi tests are a joke i can understand makin it safe but some of the items that the car can fail on are stupid
I fully agree mate mine failed last month only on the rear door stickers stating your not insured bla bla bla were 2" to low he made me remove them & fit new ones before giving me my certificate, Warrington are local government testers who like the power they have over us they do go over the top but still i need to make a living & have to follow silly rules like it or not.

Even if they dont have the cars reg on the first aid kit it can fail then they say its got to go away and have it done then it will cost £50 for a retest i save the time and put the reg on even tho im not ment to lol

Adam when my MOT is due and im DPF free I think I will come to you !...haha!

adamk said:
Even if they dont have the cars reg on the first aid kit it can fail then they say its got to go away and have it done then it will cost £50 for a retest i save the time and put the reg on even tho im not ment to lol
Yeap!!! failed on first aid kit out of date once or some plasters missing never on things passengers like to know are safe like brakes & suspension, the favourite is stickers inside & outside he revelled in the fact that i had failed before i even pulled the car up to the doors, also scratches are now a failure to for them its just power some people thrive on it I'm afraid.

Blue Toffee said:
Adam when my MOT is due and im DPF free I think I will come to you !...haha!
Lol that's not a problem I'm having mine of next month so will keep you updated with how it is :)

shaun75 said:
Yeap!!! failed on first aid kit out of date once or some plasters missing never on things passengers like to know are safe like brakes & suspension, the favourite is stickers inside & outside he revelled in the fact that i had failed before i even pulled the car up to the doors, also scratches are now a failure to for them its just power some people thrive on it I'm afraid.
Yer if the car has stone chips on the bonnet etc it can fail its a bit stupid as most the taxis iv done have like 300k on them.we have had some tho that are dangerous and shouldn't be on the road.i did one last week did brake test and the brake pipe popped due to cracking in the flexi.

Had a nice little Italian guy once was only about 4ft tall he was really nice till his taxi failed he went of the rails and started sayin he's goin to get the mafia down he ended up bein banned from the work place don't no what happened to his job lol

Shaun I'm sorry but you need to be clear on exactly what you did with your car as you post these stats here and there and cloud the facts.

You made the mistake of removing the catalytic converter on yours. That makes a huge difference to the smoke results. We only remove the DPF cartridge for exactly this reason. Your car was also tuned by someone else so I have no idea how they've calibrated your emissions settings.

We've been through countless Hondas and other DPF cars with zero issues now, but we do things in a specific way and in a professional manner with all of these things in mind.

I'm getting really tired of responding to these types of posts. Nothing has changed. The smoke and emissions test is exactly the same and the only change is a visual inspection.

Even with your cat removed and an unknown map your car has managed to pass its emissions test.

It's easy to sit there and pull stuff off the web but we and many other firms are continuing business as usual turning out high quality work without issue. The moment I hear of someone who's had a proper job done having a problem at mot time I will be the first to share it.

Just been reading the past few posts
And I would like to say after having my DPF (Premier Tuning) removed and covered over 12k I have not had any issues regarding smoke etc
In fact I do a lot of driving in London and around the M25 and never seen any black smoke even when I boot it .
If a professional company removes the DPF and remaps the car there are no issues
My last car had the DPF removed ( Premier Tuning) and I had covered over 300k in it without any problems and it passed my council 6 monthly inspection every time on emmisions

Hope this helps anyone having doubts about having it removed and make sure you use a company who know what they are doing .

I would only use Premier Tuning (Fahad) to do mine (hopefully next month) wouldn't trust anyone else after hearing some nightmare stories. The guy knows his stuff and is always available for advice and help, and I'm sure if he thought there were issues with the mot then he would be the first to tell you.

Can't change what the law says and I wouldn't misadvise. The rules are the rules and it's the customers choice what they want to do in this regard.

I just want to clear up some of the myths around what's involved and issues about smoke etc as not every company maps the same way.

I appreciate the legalities and the risks involved but I feel at the moment the benefits outweigh the risks, until such time as the mot test changes so it can actually test for the presence of a dpf , which I feel will be a few more years down the road

Yup, an informed decision based on an understanding of the risks vs benefits is the right way to approach it.

There's far too much rubbish being posted by people who haven't taken the time to understand the changes.

I have a few mot tester friends and they've all said the same thing about them. They compare them to the Aftermarket HiD lights rules on MoT. And those are far easier to spot than a missing DPF internal cartridge. When's the last time anyone heard of someone being failed for aftermarket HID lights (not including misalignment or unsafe fitting etc)

F6HAD said:
Shaun I'm sorry but you need to be clear on exactly what you did with your car as you post these stats here and there and cloud the facts.

You made the mistake of removing the catalytic converter on yours. That makes a huge difference to the smoke results. We only remove the DPF cartridge for exactly this reason. Your car was also tuned by someone else so I have no idea how they've calibrated your emissions settings.

We've been through countless Hondas and other DPF cars with zero issues now, but we do things in a specific way and in a professional manner with all of these things in mind.

I'm getting really tired of responding to these types of posts. Nothing has changed. The smoke and emissions test is exactly the same and the only change is a visual inspection.

Even with your cat removed and an unknown map your car has managed to pass its emissions test.

It's easy to sit there and pull stuff off the web but we and many other firms are continuing business as usual turning out high quality work without issue. The moment I hear of someone who's had a proper job done having a problem at mot time I will be the first to share it.
F6AHD Getting away from my own car & the bad service you seem to think I've had from Power tune the fact is this is an illegal issue, i have only have added facts like Government linked web sites & copies from a reputable trade magazine to highlight the other side of the coin for those in doubt.

Just to clarify if i had the knowledge i now have I WOULD NOT HAVE REMOVED MY DPF (my personnel view) & would have gone down the cleaning root this practise will end eventually when sophisticated emission tests are added to the test, I'm already converting mine back to DPF so has you say people have a choice from this information some will remove some won't up to the individual to decide on risks & benefits, I too am tired of replying the legal issues in this case but isn't that what discussion forums are for ? May be I'm wrong there as well.

Note the up to a £1000 fine £2500 for HGV'S is taken off this government website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/diesel-particulate-filters-guidance-note

So getting rid of your troublesome DPF might still be a good idea unless you own a taxi or an HGV?

In the unlikely event you get caught having 'deleted/disabled/removed' your DPF, how does the potential, worst cast fine of £1000 stack up against the cost of having your knackered DPF renewed? Almost certainly worth taking the risk, I would say!

Once caught & fined you then have to replace your removed DPF so double the cost theirs no good way out of this, the DPF is bad technology with green issues (political do gooders in Europe) that eventually the hammer will fall on the illegal motorist how long who knows.

If you stay put with DPF cleaning then £200 a year maximum (on high mileage) to clean would be cheaper than a fine & replacement.

For Taxi's & HGV's the risk seems certainly higher as the high mileage they do & so pollute more only time will tell on this.

As a Business model i think cleaning certainly as a longer shelf life.

Just out of interest ....how long would you guys think a new/cleaned DPF would take to cause the car to run into limp mode if the car did say weekly school runs of about 4 miles each way and maybe a longer 30 mile run at the weekend?