What's new

Electric window switch - is it faulty?

Galgo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Mk7 2.4 Tourer
My driver's window switch is behaving oddly and I don't know whether this is a fault or not?

If my window is open, let's say I pull the switch up to use the one-touch close feature (I think that's what it's called).

Anyway, it starts to close the window and then puts it back down again. The only way I can close my window is to hold the switch up slightly for a second. And then I can pull the switch up fully for the window to close itself the rest of the way.

Is this normal behaviour or is there something wrong?

Thanks.

Sounds like it is meeting some kind of resistance and is therefore opening the window to prevent trapping a child's head/arm etc. Possibly just needs a bit of lubrication.

Thanks guys. Is it fairly straightforward to get the door card off to check what's going on?

Yes it's the anti trap feature. As Jon has said clean out the rubber seals and I would apply a slight film of petroleum jelly to help guide the glass along the rubber seal.

Silicone spray works a treat on this. Done it on mine for precaution

Mine does the same now and again. When it does, I need to turn off the engine for the window to close. Probably there is too much friction between window and rubber seal. I'll try Silicone spray myself.

Mine does this sometimes when the window is all the way down,but it goes up when I tap the window up a tiny bit at a time. Il have to scrapes out the runners I think.

Mine did it when I first bought it but then stopped on its own. Not much help I know