What's new

Engine light on - engine cut out wouldn't start

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I was having problems similar to this car on limp home and wouldnt start when it did start after a lot of turning over would go ok ,any way we tracked it down to a valve on the right hand end of the fuel rail, Honda werent much help and the computers dont put this problem up new valve was £100.00 plus but not from Honda a bosch part I think

Latest breaking news.

Its not been cured by a replacement battery which initially cleared the fault only for it to return after 5 or so engine starts.
Another ecu snapshot has been dispatched to HUK and they are now being advised to go through the loom as apparently engine RPM is fluctuating (not that I ever noticed)..

Will update when I hear more. :rolleyes:

Ade

It's fixed :p

broken wire going into the ECU had produced an intermittent short & spiked the old ECU.

Big goodwill contribution from HUK, Newton Honda have been great throughout. Glad to have the car back. It was even cleaned.

Credit to Newton Honda - let's hope I don't need to test their excellent customer services again soon.

Looking forward to posting something positive.

Ade

Wow, glad it's fixed Ade.

A broken wire? Where exactly was it. Sounds like a one off though..

Great news Ade,

Seemed to take ages, but then again not really something you would check for, unless a last resort!!

Bet the champagne came out at Newton Honda!!

Wow, glad it's fixed Ade.

A broken wire? Where exactly was it. Sounds like a one off though..

I'm told it was one of the wires going directly into the ECU - I've got the old ECU and will have a prod at it at some point with my Dad who is a retired Electronic Engineer.

No idea how it got broken - perhaps when they removed the dash to fix the heater matrix, or perhaps during our recent office move where the car became a van for a few days. I guess I'll never know. :eek:

Glad its fixed though.

Ade

Ade my money is on when they did the heater matrix. To be honest the chances of an ECU failing if you've never been near it or near a component that directly connects to it is very rare.

Ade my money is on when they did the heater matrix. To be honest the chances of an ECU failing if you've never been near it or near a component that directly connects to it is very rare.

Granted its a bit of a coincidence and it was something I was going to take up had I not got a substantial helping hand from HUK. I doubt anything could be proved and to be fair Newton Honda were very good in every other way.

The money is spent - water under the bridge and all that. Lets hope it stays fixed.

Ade

Granted its a bit of a coincidence and it was something I was going to take up had I not got a substantial helping hand from HUK. I doubt anything could be proved and to be fair Newton Honda were very good in every other way.

The money is spent - water under the bridge and all that. Lets hope it stays fixed.

Ade

Fair play,

If they are involved, they will know it, but it will never be proved, but you may get some goodwill in the future from it also, so no use dwelling on it like you say.