What's new

Ep3 type r engine conversion ?

Busman1

Members
Reaction score
Car
In between accords
Anyone no of a ep3 type r engine conversion in a accord cl7 k20a6 ? Just had a few minutes and thought it would be a nice conversion [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the point.. Buy a proper cl7 EuroR.

Asking if anyone has done it ! , the euro r is very expensive a good one is about £5500-£6000 and that's a lot for and older car that will probably rust quicker than uk spec basic cl7 .

Fair enough mate but the ep3 and EuroR aren't that similar.. So in the end you would be better off with a cl9 or a proper EuroR.

We've torn ep3's to shreds in our EuroR.. I was even surprised myself at the difference considering they're the same basic lump. The gearing and lsd make all the difference in the EuroR.

Ah right never new that might have a look for a few videos on YouTube would be good to see that mate

Uk ep3 isn't really kicking out much more than a cl9 and less torque especially in the lower rev range. I think the euro r is 220hp ish? Part of the reason the civic accerlates quicker than say a cl9 is the lack of weight in comparison rather than power (also the gearing). I reckon a cl9 with a few choice mods would probably match if not slightly better an ep3. I've had a couple of fn2 type r's unable to gain ground on my old stock accord in a straight line at least.
Interestingly I know Fahad has dyno'd stock cl9's and seen 195ish brake which according to Honda is 3bhp less than both the ep3 and fn2.

Might have to start saving for a euro R then , I've seen a few on eBay but they are not cheap at all I would love to have a go or be driven hard in one to see what it's all about [emoji106]

The EuroR accelerates the way it does due to the short gear ratios and lsd.. You need to get behind the wheel to know just how fast it is

If you put an ep3 engine in a cl7 (with the standard 5 speed box) it would be slower than a cl9.
Look at some power graphs, the type R makes a fair bit less power until the last say 10% of the rev range than a K24, and then its only a few bhp.
And of coarse the torque is very noticable in the K24 compared to any K20