What's new

Euro r mpg?

cjaccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
verso/fto
Thinking of buying but was wondering could any owners out there tell me what it would be like as a daily town driver? School runs etc. What kind of mpg would I expect?

For what it's worth, my DC5 (same engine but 200kg lighter) does 27-29 on short, around-town running about. I'd say 25 is a fair estimate.

Okay. Someone who owns one. 28 to 32mpg is what I've got out of mine. More if you take it gentle. Gun it everywhere and it will obviously drink more than say the std 2.0l accord. I can get over 300 plus miles before the fuel light comes on and soon as it does I fill up. Not one for running on vapours. Then struggle to put 50l in more like 48l or so and that filling up the neck of the filler. So would tie in with 28 to 30+ mpg. I run it on Tesco Momentum 99 RON, with the occassional tank of v power.

I live 12 miles from work. Don't sit in traffic much, but is A road, B road, quite a bit speeding up slowing down between traffic lights and roundabouts. Pretty good really, I think the 2.4 would be similar?

Oh and before anyone else gets the chance. Don't get a Euro R. Buy a 2.4 Type S and spend the money modding it. Remap it. ;-)

My 2.4 type s does about 300 till the light comes on. That is 11miles to work and back, A and b roads, the rest is town driving. If I do mostly motorways i get to 350-370 miles. If I do only motorway I get 400 miles.

Really pleased with that as I'm using the v-tec offten.

I returned from Swindon yesterday and light came on at 394 miles. Going to fuel up today and showing 424 miles on trip!. Mixed driving . Just replaced binding caliper and notice a huge difference.

Anyone who says 2.4 are thirsty all I can say is I'm getting 34-35mpg and up to 40mpg on a run. Amazing.