What's new

Euro R Power Folding Mirror Retrofit

Blue Guru

JDM Oz
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Accord Type S
Will add a full write up in time once i get a modified relay circuit diagram of geordie dave.

I'm so happy these finally work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wACn_LnNKhQ

Excuse the funny voice, it happens automatically everytime im on film :lol:

FINALLY :lol:

Well done mate, you're officially the first to pull this retro fit off :unsure:

^ You already have them :D

It's official folk! All you need is a set of foldy mirrors.

To all the prefacelifters out there, if you cant get euro r mirrors you can still pickup facelift heated foldy mirrors instead as the euro r mirrors are not heated ;) The pinouts for heated mirrors is the same so they'll still work.

To all the facelifters, geordie dave can still make you up a timer relay so your foldy mirrors will work remotely as shown in the video. Dave of the Mazoo is currently first in line for the facelifters :D

Sorry Dave. You must be calling me names right now. All I need is two relays then I can finish your kit. At least you can see that they work. I'm going to the North East tomorrow and I'll visit my favourite electronics shop www.esr.co.uk for these relays for your mod.

Not at all Dave, I`m sure you`re very busy. I`ve managed without for the past 3 & half years it won`t hurt to wait a bit longer, besides I`ve overdosed on electrics recently with my cctv and failed (miserably) reverse camera install.

So no rush, first post tomorrow morning will do :D

OZ that's brilliant mate... I tell you on thing I hardly use mine lol sometimes even forget they are there haha

Oz and Dave well done guys. I would really like this mod. Guess i'll be searching for a set. Xan't wait for the wiring diagram and writeup

OZ that's brilliant mate... I tell you on thing I hardly use mine lol sometimes even forget they are there haha

man if i was you, i'd be using them all the time! Foldy mirrors are jdm fabulous B)

HHAy Oz, glad you finnaly got them done, 10 out of 10 for persistance!

Too right buddy, this freakin wiring has been doin ma nut in, no joke :D

Oz and Dave well done guys. I would really like this mod. Guess i'll be searching for a set. Xan't wait for the wiring diagram and writeup

Don't sweat it, it will be comin soon Mr. The Man! B) Buy up a set of facelift foldy mirrors asap and you can be jdm fabulous too ;)

How exactly is this working ?
When you lock the doors from remote control, the mirrors automatically foldes down ?
My Type-S has heated folding mirrors, what parts do I need to make them fold like this when I lock the car from remote control ?

Yes dino, since you have a facelift you will already have the folding mirrors so you will only need a custom built timer relay to automatically fold the mirrors in when the car is locked from the keyfob. Dave Masterson is in the same boat as you as he has a facelift tourer. With a timer relay that geordie dave is going to make for him he will also be able to connect the power folding to the locking and ignition.

Well done Oz your a persistent chap thats for sure, now how about those brembos lol

all in good time ;-)

Great mod oz there very handy mines got them as well :lol:

Yes, awesome mod.

Can some one please explain how exactly this mod would work on a facelift accord? With the timings and what button does what exactly... lol thanks

on a facelift:

you lock your car with the button on your key and the mirrors fold in automatically

you unlock you car, get in and turn the ignition on and the mirrors fold back out

Great mod, looking forward to seeing the details. I'll do this mod on my facelift, always forget to fold the mirrors in so this will sort me out!

Thanks OZ, but what if your driving along through a tight space would I still be able to use the folding button then too?

hey guys would love this mod as iv already got the folding mirrors, but same as jav do they fold in when also the button is pressed as i live in london(can get very tight spaces sometimes...lol)but other than that oz my hat off to both you and dave

Thanks OZ, but what if your driving along through a tight space would I still be able to use the folding button then too?

Good point Jav, I reckon you will be able to but i'm sure Oz will confirm

dave still has the button in his facelift so he can use the button to make them fold whenever. B)

I dont have the button in my car, i didnt want to wire it in, i just wanted to do it remotely. So without the button wired up you wont be able to do that in a prefacelift because the button you have beforehand is for your wing mirror glass demisters

So Oz will we be getting a wiring diagram for this anytime soon?

lol im still doin the write up, never mind the wiring diagram yet! Just buy a set of mirrors already :D ;) :lol: :p

Cheers Dan! :lol: