What's new

Euro R Power Folding Mirror Retrofit

So where is this write up?

you got a set of mirrors yet...?

lol, its comin its comin, jeez :)

I'm sure an impotent 90 year old would come quicker than this :)

lol im over 1000 words already and thats only about half way, i've not gone into the splicing part on the relay yet! ;)

Excellent Mod Oz & Dave, Looking forward to the finished write up. It's something that the 7th gen cars should have had from the start IMO.

Finally got mine fitted and working. Went to see GeordieDave on Wednesday and he fitted them for me. It takes a few hours and the door card was on and off a few times because one minute they were working then not but got there in the end, well chuffed.

Excellent mate. Did your car have folding mirrors to start with?

Oz have you managed to get that wiring diagram sorted or are you still writing it up lol?

Nice little mod this one, may have a go myself but not so good at reading wiring diagrams :blush:

Nice little mod this one, may have a go myself but not so good at reading wiring diagrams :blush:

Not to worry, i'm pretty good with them, maybe I could give you a hand.

But that can only happen if Oz gets himself in gear and post's this diagram, even the 1000 words he's written could give us a start lol

Not to worry, i'm pretty good with them, maybe I could give you a hand.

But that can only happen if Oz gets himself in gear and post's this diagram, even the 1000 words he's written could give us a start lol

Thanks Shabz your a star

Ok here's the situation, im a bit cheezed at being caught in the middle but this is just how it happens to be.

I can provide wire up info no problem, but the scematics for the custom timer relay dave made for me i cant, because dave doesnt want to provide any info that could be of use to this forum as he's been banned. He joined up to help people, so rather than everyone lose out because of a tiff between himself and admin he says he will still build up these special timer relays for both prefacelift (like mine) and facelift cars (like dave mazoo). Interested people can get his contact details from myself and he can post you out a relay with splicing instructions, or he can install it into your car like he did with dave mazoo's setup.

If i dont say this now folk will keep on askin me and i cant be bothered messaging folk one by one to explain the situation.

I've messaged you shabz about the trigger wire.

I'll continue my write up but adjust it now since i cant include modified relay diagrams.

because dave doesnt want to provide any info that could be of use to this forum as he's been banned. He joined up to help people, so rather than everyone lose out because of a tiff between himself and admin he says he will still build up these special timer relays for both prefacelift (like mine) and facelift cars (like dave mazoo). Interested people can get his contact details from myself and he can post you out a relay with splicing instructions, or he can install it into your car like he did with dave mazoo's setup.

This comes as no suprise to myself at all B)

im a bit cheezed at being caught in the middle but this is just how it happens to be.

Dont worry Oz its not a big deal at all but I understand perhaps how you feel.

Oz, you shouldn't feel caught in any way. You offered to put a DIY up hence the interest. Thanks for your clarification of the situation - can all members interested in buying these modules make contact with Oz directly who I am sure will be more than happy to put you in touch with the supplier of the hardware requireed for this modification.

Job done B)

thanks for the clarification Oz...

guys just watch my posts soon as I have a few electrical mods lined up including this one ;-)

Hi

At the beginning I'd like apologize about my English and spelling.

I used 2 small 15A relays.

Bad points
- Can not fold mirrors via folding mirrors button but via central locking button.
- Can not use this mod if your car has after market alarm which automatically blocking
doors.

Thanks and again sorry about my English. I hope it’ll be helpful.

Very nice buddy! More options for folk is a good ting :lol:

doh, forgot about the write up, will get on the case

Just removed these earlier today as they froze closed the other day with the surprise scots frost and 2 degree C weather. So i chucked the oem heated set back on for now. I think next year i'll try to incorporate the heating elements into the euro r folding mirrors. The uk ones dont look as cool coz they dont have the blue glass :lol:

This is a fantastic mod! TBH, I was surprised folding mirrors didn't come as standard equipment. Now, if someone can come up with a mod for a heated windscreen... :rolleyes:

Can it be fit on a 2004 I-vtech sport accord? I really appreciate if anyone did like this before! :) it's beautiful!

Peter_accord said:
Can it be fit on a 2004 I-vtech sport accord? I really appreciate if anyone did like this before! :) it's beautiful!
Yes they can, you just need the mirrors and circuit. I actually have the set from this thread fitted to my car for the last 1.5 years at least with no problems. I have a 2005 diesel