What's new

Exhaust manifold leakung

You have checked the other threads on this subject?

I'd go to somewhere where someone has reported a good (i.e. warranty) experience.

Thanks for that got a good garage always use will let them get to bottom of it hopefully just gasket no loss of performance they noticed when had service on Thursday last

If it is the original manifold it is highly likely you have a cracked weld, which Honda has admitted is a manufacturing defect.

discoverd mine at 100,000miles, guy in the garage said it would take 2 days to fix, he has the same model (but in a salon) he advised leaving it to see if it got any worse,at 170,000 it is the same,no lack of perfomance,just a bit of exhurst smell for a minuet or two when starting in the very cold,saved a few hundred quid on the repair ;)

Flash said:
discoverd mine at 100,000miles, guy in the garage said it would take 2 days to fix, he has the same model (but in a salon) he advised leaving it to see if it got any worse,at 170,000 it is the same,no lack of perfomance,just a bit of exhurst smell for a minuet or two when starting in the very cold,saved a few hundred quid on the repair ;)
Exactly the same here.

It's a simple but long winded weld job , thats the reason for the two days . When I weld cast manifolds etc ... prep , preheat , weld and then wrap it up in a couple of fire blankets and sit it in the corner overnight .. Unwrap and give it the crack detection treatment .. if bad ..do again , if good ..charge the money and call it a job done .

TheJamMod said:
Phone Honda and they'll swap it for free in most cases.
Ive heard they won't. Lead to believe that only thing Honda offer is discounted parts and labour. £580 if i remember correctly and only up to cars 7 years young or 100k...whatever comes first.

Mine has 87k in the clock and i can smell fumes now **looks skyward**

Burbleboy said:
Ive heard they won't. Lead to believe that only thing Honda offer is discounted parts and labour. £580 if i remember correctly and only up to cars 7 years young or 100k...whatever comes first.

Mine has 87k in the clock and i can smell fumes now **looks skyward**
Mine wasn't in the 7 year warranty bracket.
I went to Honda dealer to have the manifold crack confirmed.
I phoned Honda up.
They called me back and confirmed they'd do it for free.
Booked with dealer.

Doesn't hurt to try. Just be nice. :)

I have just had Honda confirm that my EGR Pipe has a crack, sending fumes into the cabin

Is the EGR Pipe covered in Honda's extended warranty? on a 2011 2.2 Diesel (The Main Dealer has said no)

Leggy6 said:
I have just had Honda confirm that my EGR Pipe has a crack, sending fumes into the cabin

Is the EGR Pipe covered in Honda's extended warranty? on a 2011 2.2 Diesel (The Main Dealer has said no)
Honda issued a TSB (TSB SL-02-008-00 dated 01-09-11) for this problem. This link claims that this is covered by an extended warranty, so either try another dealer or contact Honda UK...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/honda-accord/62577-8th-gen-accord-warranty-extension-egr-pipe-crack-accord-idtec.html

This subject should probably have it's own thread.

Thanks for the info Jon, I have been in touch with Honda UK and they said that they would get back to me within 3 days
Fingers crossed!

Will let you know how I get on.

Very helpful posts.

Thanks for all the info.

I shall book my car into Honda for official confirmation of exh leak then contact Honda UK.

Mine is sitting at 87k so that should be a positive towards getting it done hopefully!

Also....my headlights now started to get condensation in em...so I shall be asking if mine has had the recall for new headlight clips, when its in Honda!

Just got a message from Honda UK to say that the main dealer will be in touch to change the EGR pipe under warranty
Pity the main dealer did not offer this in the first place!!

Once again Jon thanks for the advise & link saved me £600.

Leggy6 said:
Just got a message from Honda UK to say that the main dealer will be in touch to change the EGR pipe under warranty
Pity the main dealer did not offer this in the first place!!

Once again Jon thanks for the advise & link saved me £600.
Glad it appears to have worked out!