What's new

Extra soundproofing in doors

Marktypes

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type s
I didnt like the way my front doors closed with a tinny bong rather than a nice reassuring thud , picky i know but it made me wonder if they had been altered or tampered with at some point in the past , anyhoo i bought some spray on soundproofing ' boom mat ' and set about chopping up some of the wifes excercise mat to stick to the inners of the outer door skins ,

There are 2 screws under the window switch to remove , console just pops out

And 3 screws behind the plastic fascia near the door handle seen here in green and pink
The door card itself is just clipped on around the outside and then lifts up out of the window ledge ,
Obviously there are the various wires to unclip , tweeter , window and door courtesy light
The door handle then unclips from the rear of the door card

Here you can see the inner membrane and oem soundproofing lol which just peels away and can be reattached as it is a type of non setting paste holding it in place ,

Here is the doir cavity which as you can see i have now attached matting to and fully covered in spray boom mat
Re ***embled door card and i have to say the results are good , for half an hours work the door now sounds more solid on close and even road noise has reduced a little ,
I will be investing in some proper sound proofing matting and doing all accessable bits in time

I was actually thinking if something like this could be done, and looks like it can, thanks for this info and guide, might give it a go on my car at some point as it would be nice to have less road noise on the motorway.

Ive done all of mine with proper sound deadening , just the cheaper bitumen based type and its made a heck of a difference , doors are now solid a a rock and road noise is reduced a fair bit