What's new

Few issues - are these common?

ShadyMarkus

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type-S
Hi all, as per the ***le of this post I have a few minor issues with my 59 plate type s diesel and was wondering if they were common and whether or not people knew how to fix them/buy replacements. So here goes:)

1) cup holder door on the centre console keeps opening on its own. Is there a fix or do I need to buy a new door/cup holder unit?

2) drivers window works fine but seems to struggle a bit around two thirds down in both directions. Seems like something grips it as you can hear the motor slow down as it's caught before speeding up again. Have tried in parallel with the passenger window and they are the same speed until this point where the drivers one then slows down.

3) reversing camera - this could just be me but I had to change the dvd navigation unit in the boot as the old one was knackered. Since changing it the nav is great but I have no reverse camera anymore. The passenger mirror and lights all work fine so I've had a look to see if I'm missing anything. There is currently one port on the back of the drive with no lead in it (middle top) but I can't see any unplugged leads for the life of me. Do these drives need to be coded or anything like that? My replacement drive came from a Honda civic if that helps but looks identical in every way.

4) slight wear on leather seats - what do you guys use to cover over and protect your seats? I'm happy cleaning them as have had leather car seats for years. Seems the Honda ones crack a little easier than most though.

Thanks all, sorry for All the questions :) loving the car so far though (had it nearly 2 weeks). Althouh it's a bit slow (last car was a 272bhp v6 petrol) 670 miles just cost me £65 in diesel......happy days :)

ShadyMarkus said:
1) cup holder door on the centre console keeps opening on its own. Is there a fix or do I need to buy a new door/cup holder unit?

2) drivers window works fine but seems to struggle a bit around two thirds down in both directions. Seems like something grips it as you can hear the motor slow down as it's caught before speeding up again. Have tried in parallel with the passenger window and they are the same speed until this point where the drivers one then slows down.

3) reversing camera - this could just be me but I had to change the dvd navigation unit in the boot as the old one was knackered. Since changing it the nav is great but I have no reverse camera anymore. The passenger mirror and lights all work fine so I've had a look to see if I'm missing anything. There is currently one port on the back of the drive with no lead in it (middle top) but I can't see any unplugged leads for the life of me. Do these drives need to be coded or anything like that? My replacement drive came from a Honda civic if that helps but looks identical in every way.

4) slight wear on leather seats - what do you guys use to cover over and protect your seats? I'm happy cleaning them as have had leather car seats for years. Seems the Honda ones crack a little easier than most though.
Hello mate, it may be that your post was made amongst a few others and nobody picked it up.

1) Not heard of the cup holder popping open before. I expect it's something to do with the spring. That centre unit is pretty easy to remove if you need to have a look around the underside to check what the spring is doing. Pop up the trim around the gear stick. It's a little tough the first time you do it. Then lift out the ash tray and undo the screws behind it. There are other screws, but I forget where. Start pulling gently and see where there's resistance. That's where more screws will be. Pop it out and see what the spring is/isn't latching on.

2) Like to have a build up of dirt causing resistance in the window channel. There are lots of guides for cleaning this all over youtube and stuff. A small flat blade screw driver and cloth will probably sort you out. I've read things about rubbing a candle in to the channels to lubricate, but try cleaning first and see how it is after that.

3) Something should be plugged into the empty port I think. Simple as. The cable for it must be somewhere around there.

4) Personally I don't use seat covers. I clean from time to time with leather upholstery cleaner from Halfords, but otherwise, they're fine.

2. Once the channels are clear apply a light film of Vaseline to the inside of the channels.