What's new

First Impressions

bleepfreak

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 auto exec tourer
Picked up my very first Honda, a 2.4 exec auto tourer (03) yesterday, Graphite Pearl the official colour I believe. Just short of 60,000 miles, serviced and mot'd by Stratstone all it's life.
Been kicking myself ever since....Why didn't I get one of these sooner? Also my first auto although i've driven to Austria and back a few times in Volvo auto V50's and V70's and the difference is stunning and much more intuitive. The engine is great but must agree with 'Alnug' that it needs more torque through the midrange. That will be rectified with a visit to XO Tuning in 10 days time! Also loving the handling and feel of the car. I've come from a Astra 1.6 turbo (07) which was agile but the steering was incredibly dull in comparison although i'd like a slightly chunkier wheel. The feedback this car gives me is fantastic. Must stop gushing on because you guys already know this, right?
I'm by no means a 'modder' and don't want to go too far down that road of extra ££££££££££'s
So apart from the remap, i'll be tinting the rear windows and finding some nice gunmetal alloys. I won't be lowering the car and am even thinking (gasp!!) of keeping it on 16" rims.

Welcome to suggestions though :)

Sorry! My browser not working well with this forum. Will switch to Firefox. Can a Mod please delete my duplicated post please.

As far as i know an 03 cannot be remapped due to a closed ecu?
Glad your enjoying it mate i have a 2.4auto saloon exec and a 2.2manual estate type s lol brilliant cars, does yours have the electric boot popper and closer?only jsut noticed i had this yesterday haha

As for the steering wheel, You can fit a facelift rim from a 2006 onwards accord that is a little thicker and has thumb grips at 10 and 2 o'clock. It is a great cheap mod. They come up on ebay for about 30 quid every now and then.

You can use your original airbag as well so only need the rim. Its a 30 minute mod. dead easy

HondaPicturessamsungEX1003-Copy-Copy.jpg

As for the steering wheel, You can fit a facelift rim from a 2006 onwards accord that is a little thicker and has thumb grips at 10 and 2 o'clock. It is a great cheap mod. They come up on ebay for about 30 quid every now and then.

You can use your original airbag as well so only need the rim. Its a 30 minute mod. dead easy

Cheers! *heads off to ebay*

As far as i know an 03 cannot be remapped due to a closed ecu?
Glad your enjoying it mate i have a 2.4auto saloon exec and a 2.2manual estate type s lol brilliant cars, does yours have the electric boot popper and closer?only jsut noticed i had this yesterday haha

Yes, got the electric boot - very handy and a wee bit flash :rolleyes:

As for the remap, I gave Gunther at XO Tuning my car info on his website and he quoted me the price so I can only ***ume it's ok.

Just saw your other thread mate, I'd be interested to see if he can tune your 2003 K24. As far as I'm aware pre 2005 ECU's cannot be tuned.

Just saw your other thread mate, I'd be interested to see if he can tune your 2003 K24. As far as I'm aware pre 2005 ECU's cannot be tuned.

Bah! Best give him a ring in the morning and check. Thanks Guys.

Bah! Best give him a ring in the morning and check. Thanks Guys.

I'll be interested to find out if he can do it or not. I definitely would like a remap to give the torque a bit of a boost ;) .

HondaPicturessamsungEX1003-Copy-Copy.jpg

Found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-06-STEERING-WHEEL-USED-BREAKING-PARTS-SALVAGE-/320894215068?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab6c9239c#ht_808wt_1139

but it has paddles beneath the central portion.

Found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-06-STEERING-WHEEL-USED-BREAKING-PARTS-SALVAGE-/320894215068?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab6c9239c#ht_808wt_1139

but it has paddles beneath the central portion.

Anyone know what model this wheel fits please?

Spoke to Gunther at XO this morning and he ***ures me they can do ALL 7th gen Accords. :D

Been following this thread
Got a 2.4 accord type s 2003.

What would you expect to get out of tunning our motors bud and what are the cost implications.

Always after a bit more power. ha

Cheers brittz

Personally, i'm not looking for savage power . I just want the same as Alan - solid, progressive torque throughout the rev range.

Should've got a diesel then I hear you say? :lol:

Nice one Jon, he obviously knows something we don't. Look forward to the results - he did a great job with Alnug's car B)

Cheers Fahad!

Fingers crossed....

btw, do you think these wheels would work on my motor?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221047645471?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_751wt_1373

i didnt think you could tune any Accord ECU i know you can get a TSX ECU from the states and get Hondata to modify it

If you really want your ECU modded properly, just get a P28 et al, and map to your hearts content.

P28 piggyback's are only used on ECU's that cannot be tuned, but will only give you access to certain parameters (same principle as the Flashpro tools). The K20/K24 ECU's definitely can be tuned but there's only a hanful of tuners in the UK that have the right tools to do them. Tuning the stock ECU is always the best option as you can access all the tuning parameters directly rather than rely on signal multipliers via piggyback solutions.

The only thing I'm not clear on is whether the pre 2005 K25 ECU can be tuned as we could find no flashable EPROM on it, and checked with some very reputable tuners across the pond who also confirmed that pre 2005 cannot be done. But I'm happy to be corrected on this especially as we also have a 2003 K24 in the family.

Here's the original thread when I was looking in to it with pics of the pre and post 2005 ECU internals.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7946-sabys-type-s/page__st__20