What's new

Front Bumper advice

paulsco

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2004 CDTI
Hi all

I have a pretty well damaged front bumper and have been looking at ebay and scrap yards for a replacement, I have been reading the forums and I am still a bit confused, are the bumpers from the diesels and petrol for this year the same? this thread confused me even more, as I'm not sure what an A-Spec is...

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/18126-petrol-and-diesel-front-bumper-differences/?hl=front+bumper

The bumper I have is the same as the one in the pictures in the thread above with the round fog lights, but I believe the issue may be with the compressor, also I have been quoted £150 for a repair and respray but wasn't too sure if the newly fresh painted bumper would look odd against the older silver paint, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks Paul

The actual bumper skin is the same on both petrol and diesel, but the bodykit and foglight housings are different. If your bumper bodykit and foglights haven't broken, you could use the bumper skin from a diesel and just transfer everything over. It's pretty easy, everything is bolt on.

Hi F6HAD, its a diesel I have but I have seen a bumper from a petrol tourer and wasn't quite sure if it would fit, I'm not quite sure that you mean by "Bumper bodykit" but the round fog lights and plastic trim that surrounds them are fine.

Jeez I got a sore hear from reading that one, so it looks like the hunt is back on for the bumper, the one I saw was a petrol and it didn't have the water jets for the headlights, and by the looks of it it will have to be from a diesel from around the same year, wish me luck, also thanks again for the replies!

I've got a spare facelip bumper lying around, but as i'm from belgium the shipping costs will make it too expensive.

Sorry Mr Honda, you're wrong. The bumper skins are the same. I know this because I've done the swap myself having used a pre facelift diesel bumper skin on a pre facelift petrol accord.

All you need to do is swap the foglight housings over and also the outer centre grill trims. It's all bolt on stuff. This is why I asked if his bodykit and fog lights were intact.

The bumpers have marks on the inside where to cut out for the headlight washer jets. When you buy a new one from Honda you would have to do this yourself. They come through painted and that is it. A new bumper face is around £300 if I remember correctly

That's a good point I forgot to mention sorry, make sure you get one without washer holes cut If your car doesn't have washer jets

Thanks for the advice folks, I can get one in a different colour (need satin silver) but the cost of respray on top of purchase price means that removal
and repair of the original bumper seems like the best way to go, I contacted a local Honda healer and they quoter £420 for a new one in silver ouch!!