What's new

Front Fogs....Oval or Round

mrbless248

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-CTDi Exec
Hi All,

Im gonna to start on the long road of modifying my accord (04' CTDi Exec) and was looking at body kits. I've noticed that some cars have Oval front fogs and others are Round (which mine is). Can a lower front bumper spoiler fit both or are they shape specific?

Thanks.

Ovals are found in petrol the round jam jars are found on diesels

EDIT on the facelift both got the same oval fog lights , it the prefacelift one which have the difference.

Thanks. I guess that they cant be interchanged then?

not sure as no one has tried it. The intercooler scoop on the diesel are part of fog lamp garnish, the petrol doesn't have that.if you did change it to the petrol you will starve your intercooler with fresh cold air.

and trust me it needs that cooling..:lol:

Thanks. Any idea of where I can get hold of a diesel spoiler then?

I think he means front bumper...

Where is the pre-facelift intercooler intake then?

It's on the nearside front corner.

The aftermarket sports kit from Honda fits both diesel and petrol on the pre facelift. Only the Type S kit fits the petrol only.

I fitted a front spoiler with oval cut-outs.. My CDTi has round foglamps.
I had to remove the lamps in order to fit the spoiler and then make new brackets to fit the round foglamps.
It was very time consuming and a pain in the balls.
One of the lamps has cracked since..stonechip or whatever.. and I'm considering Oval lamps now.
They seem fairly expensive though..

A few of my old diesel from over the years.. Still miss it.

photo6.jpg

222345_10150583870040366_861775365_18569782_6856659_n.jpg

DSC02170-1.jpg

Blimey Fahad, that looks seriously nice mate!

Thanks Sergey.. The kit was sourced in bits and the front and sides were replica and rear diffuser was genuine.

You can buy direct from Honda.. The sill plates are also dealer part