What's new

Fuel Light?

Gaz172

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Manual
How much petrol is actually left in the tank when the fuel light comes on?

Ive just done 415.8 miles :D (all motorway) and as I pulled into to the house the fuel light poped on.

Some cars can go for miles others can't.Wondering what the accord is, Luckily petrol station is down the road :lol:

I would say around 7/8 liters.
Good enough for 60 miles at slow pace, which is good.

It states in the Accord owners book that when the fuel light comes on there is 2 Gallons left.

there is at least 10 litres left...

I've done 50 miles in my prelude with the fuel light on

Paul

Fair bit then, I'll work out mpg later as it looks like going to be a decent run. Ive left the receipt in the car tho :rolleyes:

you can easily do another 50-60 miles, but dont push it beyond that. its unknown territory for me lol :lol:

The handbook with my tourer says it has 'less than about 10l when the light comes on'

wow

470miles on that...

lol
I have had 460!!! But I chickened out to push it further, I think steve has had maybe slightly more but this is max for the petrol, Only way to get more is to drive a 50mph on the mototways all the time and that would send me to an early grave :lol:

I've got 460 when the light's come on. So I guess it could have gone further still, maybe 480-490. And yes, there was a fair amount of 55mph cruising involved in that :mellow: including motorways. As long as it's well maintained and driven calmly, it will take you a loooooong way for a 2.4 petrol. But like I've said before, my worst tank had the fuel light come on at 250. Seriosuly spanked it that time :lol: . Oh, the lure of VTEC ;) .

I've got 460 when the light's come on. So I guess it could have gone further still, maybe 480-490. And yes, there was a fair amount of 55mph cruising involved in that :mellow: including motorways. As long as it's well maintained and driven calmly, it will take you a loooooong way for a 2.4 petrol. But like I've said before, my worst tank had the fuel light come on at 250. Seriosuly spanked it that time :lol: . Oh, the lure of VTEC ;) .
250!!!! BL00DY Brilliant lol, I remember on my old Accord, I was young and never had vtec before, I managed 270 before light came on, I was heavy footed all the time :lol:

I've heard the fuel filter on the petrol is in an awkward place and it's best not to let the petrol level run low as you increase the risk of getting gunk stuck in the filter and it's a fiddly and therefore expensive job to get replaced. So I alway fill up just before or as soon as the fuel light comes on. I would love to drive it until it stopped though, just to see how far it can really go. I still believe the 2.4 will take you 500 miles on a tank if driven right. I've just got to find it ;) .