What's new

Fun with A/C...NOT

gathor

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
Tourer
Yello.
All good now but here is the full story so stay a while and listen :)

The day before I went on holiday I decided to check my A/C as last charge gone suspiciously quick. Went to main dealer (Taunton) and asked them to do the leak test as well, just to be sure. No leaks were found, A/C regassed and I was advised that condenser looks poor but no leaks. £85 less in my pocked but happy bunny. I drove a mile perhaps to my house with cold cold air and parked up the car for the night. Next day wasn't hot at all so I turned it on again the day after and guess what...No cold air (Could hear A/C kicking in). Still around 500 miles to go, I was so ****** :mad: that I didn't have to worry about falling asleep. Once I arrived I booked a full service at my local dealer in Poland and asked them to find the fault with A/C. The result was of course leaking compressor, the fault Taunton dealer didn't find. Wrote them an email but they replied they are not interested in refunding me some money as they did everything well. Yeah, right. 1 mile driving with A/C on for £85, awesome deal. :mad:
After some thinking I decided to get a replacement part (around £80) and had it fitted by my dealer (around £50 for the labour compared to £220 in England...). Fitting took around 1.5 hour, but I didn't get my car back so quickly! I was informed that A/C isn't kicking in. Guys spent next 2 hours checking the full system and the result was faulty pressure sensor. Decided to replace that as well the next day. All was done within 2 hours with no cost for the fault finding and fitting the sensor. MY A/C WORKS NOW!! MUAHAHAHAHA. :lol:

So that was the story, kudos to you fellow typeaccorder if you read this wall of text and understood my ramblings :) Now onto that damn right front upper arm...knock, knock balljoint life is over :(

Dan

Glad you got it sorted cheaply mate!!

If I need any work done by dealers I think I'll be taking a brief holiday to Poland :) :lol:

As for the ball joint, don't know about newer cars but on the 6th gen I disassembled the suspension myself, and it took my mechanic 15 mins to fit a new ball joint into the control arm. Then I put it all back together again :)

Glad you got it sorted mate, but £85 for a recon at Honda is pretty steep. Halifax Honda charged me £45+VAT and that was after I rebuilt my A/C system myself on the wife's FRV. It's actually quite an easy job to do and quite rewarding to take it on yourself.

Yeah, I am glad it is sorted as the heat wave is still on in Poland. A/C really is a must. I would have a go at fixing it myself but for the price I paid I honestly coudn't be bothered. It would take me few days probably :) £85 included the special leak test and regassing. I won't be taking my car there again, I feel like they didn't do the job properly and now they just fob me off. As for the control arm I ordered good quality replacement which hopefully will arrive tomorrow and get it fitted on thursday (that is if Honda dealer got free space). Wanted to replace the joint only but the difference was around £40 only so I went with whole part.
Anyways, happy motoring days now, oh yeah B)

Btw. Lings website is pure gold when you need part's numbers for your car.

When you get back I would take this matter up with the service manager and try to get a full refund.
Keep all your receipts and if no joy give Honda uk a call.
But on a good note I'm glad your sorted

^ yeah, this! It's poor that one garage will sort you out and another either try and rip you off or simply be incompetent. It deserves to be raised, even if they grumble about the miles you did between the two garages etc. Still worth mentioning.

I already contacted them by email and responce was they did everything ok. I received a Honda satisfaction survey yesterday, filled it in and sent it off. At the end it said the Service Manager will contact me soon to clarify the issues. The thing is he responded to me email earlier and I think the case is closed really. For those interested this is the response:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Air-Con, I am sorry to hear that your Air conditioning has stopped working in such a short time.

You might recall when we discussed the options for your Air con ragas, I highlighted that you might have a minor leak in the system and it would be prudent to add UV dye while we carried out the re-gas, the reason leak dye is added is to identify where a leak might be coming from by staining the area.

Part of the Air con service was to inspect the external elements of the system for leaks, at the time of inspection no leaks / dye was present, this is not to say that you don’t have a leak on the vehicle as the dye can take time to work through the system, in addition to this your AC System will have been working at full pressure after the re-gas, making weak areas in the system susceptible to failure, i.e o-rings ect.

Unfortunately taking the above into account, I do not believe we are responsible and will not be issuing you a re-fund.

To be able to inject the system with UV Dye the vehicle would had to have had a re-gas, as im sure your dealer in Poland will tell you.

Please advise your Honda dealership in Poland that UV Dye has already been injected into the sytem, ***uming that this is not a electrical or mechanical failure of the AC system they will be able to easily identify the area that needs repairing.

Basically it looks like I shouldn't have bothered with leak test at all and just use the cheapest regas option I could find. Just one of the things I will put behind me and forget. The most important thing is all works now :)

Long way back tomorrow, YAYKS! Dan

Very true Dan its all working and a lession to learn about this dealer