What's new

Gas Sprung Boot Lid

Blue Guru

JDM Oz
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Accord Type S
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph9Z8EW9sdQ&[/youtube]

Taken from tsxclub: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-car-care/47309-diy-trunk-auto-pop-up.html

You'd be best to translate into english from portugese if you're in a hurry as the OP says he will do it later

Nice find Oz bet a few saloon owners would want to do that mod :ph34r:

looks good, shame the diy is in Portuguese :ph34r: I know what one of the guys on TSX means though, having a boot button when the lid doesnt pop up is pretty pointless.

I'd be up for it as it would make it easy to load the shopping from the endless supermarket trips my wife takes me on :ph34r:

my next mod :lol:, the current boot button is useless :ph34r:

Anyone interested in a group buy cheap gas struts if you buy five or more. I have also seen a TSX using gas struts to open the bonnet B)

Anyone know the stroke length?

wasn't there a how to on the old site or a link to one?

'twas on the old site, and possibly the old new site...

bonnet ones are cool coz you dont need to prop the "hood" ( :lol: ) with the bonnet stay. I think tein might make vehicle specific ones, but there are plenty universal kits about for bonnets, NRG make them too. They come in a carbon fibre finish that looks pretty decent

The boot gas strut is goin on my list for sure. Maybe someone with enough techincal knowledge could swap the double compact hinge and gas strut mechinism that honda used on 92-95 eg saloons and mod that to a 7th gen "trunk" ( ;) ) thus freeing up space from the old boot rail hinges

hhhmmm... bonnet ones... interesting - I have a button for the boot so there! ;) :lol:

lol show off :lol:

I have a bigger boot lid than you; now if only I could disable the beeps and then I would hit some traffic wardens with it... 

I've done the boot mod a long time ago and it's quite useful. I'm out for the weekend, but when I get back I'll take a look at the DIY and try to translate it (I'm portuguese).

I haven't got struts on my Tourer  :D

Oh, you mean for the boot?  I knew that, I was thinking of putting them on the bonnet...

Well, perhaps if I do my lense smoking thing first... we'll see.

I've done the boot mod a long time ago and it's quite useful. I'm out for the weekend, but when I get back I'll take a look at the DIY and try to translate it (I'm portuguese).

Cheers buddy! :)

Just to let you know that someone already translated it in the tsx forum.

Any question, just ask.

lol playah, playaaaah! :lol:

Now make it close again - and I don't mean rewinding the video.

Sorry dude, it has to be done ;).

LOL! ;)

Nice mod Nuno, what's going on with your rear bumper though??

?? Looks like extreme reflection to me...

aye, looks like a reflection to me

did anyone buy the parts here in the uk? im interested in doing this mod and wondering where the best place to get parts is??