What's new

Going to view this Accord Type S

rossk26..i think your wasting your time...your going to sell your st.for a car you dont know.to try and save a few pennys.you could buy the accord and have the ac fail.and spend all the money you hoped to save on fixing it.

stick with what you have got.as you do very little milage.the saving will be tiny if any.you might not even get your asking price for your st.

+1

seems a stupid thing to do in all honesty...
to what, save £200 p/a. or whatever

....erm..

right

and what was said about buying another car is bang on, whatever you did get could have problems what would cost you far more than £200 to fix, so just keep what you have.

Agree with the 6th gear, wish my 6g had a 6th gear as it sits too high in 5th, although makes for easier overtaking and no real need to downshift.

As good as the Accord is I agree with the others that the savings will not be massive, if you want to save money a 1.2 Jazz will do the business, but if you really want a change and can honestly step down in performance from an ST then go for the Accord, honestly and this might seem biased being an Accord forum, but they are probably the best all round car you can buy, fantastic packaging.

ukcl9 said:
rossk26..i think your wasting your time...your going to sell your st.for a car you dont know.to try and save a few pennys.you could buy the accord and have the ac fail.and spend all the money you hoped to save on fixing it.

stick with what you have got.as you do very little milage.the saving will be tiny if any.you might not even get your asking price for your st.

toffee_pie said:
+1

seems a stupid thing to do in all honesty...
to what, save £200 p/a. or whatever

....erm..

right

and what was said about buying another car is bang on, whatever you did get could have problems what would cost you far more than £200 to fix, so just keep what you have.
I've already got a buyer for my ST pretty much, another forum I regular there is a member who is willing to pay £9k for my ST. So if I can pick up an Accord Type S for £3.5k -4k, I should net a £5k difference, which is a lot, and will really help towards the deposit for my first house.

Running costs aren't a big factor, but I would like my next car to be cheaper to run than the ST, so I don't resent it!

This is perfect, but is it overpriced? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404163379611

then buy a fiesta 1.4td to save money
if you must have a type s...my advice would be buy a 2.4 type s...then in the future if you want to start having fun again you can,reflash,coilovers,etc ect

this is nice but over priced

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-2-4-i-VTEC-Sat-Nav-18in-Alloys-Type-S-Bodykit-Tein-Shocs-/251505282203?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a8ee20c9b

this looks ok.if you could get a few hundred off and get some nice wheels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-2-4-i-VTEC-188bhp-Type-S-/131170621514?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e8a60d84a

This is the reason I have had so many cars, when we need the funds I sell an expensive car to buy a cheaper one. I think my car count is 25 in the last 10 years!

I would suggest you test drive the 2.4 and 2.0, I'm guessing your going to try and get a facelift model?

I'm happy with my 2.0 and its not felt under powered to me, drop it down a gear and it pulls well enough to get past a slower car. 5 gears was a bit of a downer when I first saw it but doesn't bother me anymore. I had a 180 mile trip to Manchester a couple of weeks ago, the engine is nice and quiet on the motorway so it really isn't an issue.

This is like reading my history a few years back, I had an ST and loved it but sold it to save money by getting an a4 tdi, regretted it instantly but stuck with it for a year then sold that to free up some money for a house move. Drove a banger for a year then went and bought a 2.4 exec all the toys with a good engine, it is a lovely motor even though its a 53reg, still looks sharp and feels good
to drive.
I get between 32mpg having fun and upto 36mpg driving like a granny on my 12mile commute to work.
I also looked at the 2.0 but am so glad I got the 2.4.
That my opinion hope it helps!

forgot to mention on the same commute in my ST I got between 26mpg and the best I ever got was 30mpg!

If economy is a big thing for you....go for the i-CDTI. I've had a 2.0 i-vtec and round town, I got 26mpg. On a motorway I could get it up to 35 it I stuck rigidly to 70mph. Granted, mine had the auto box and doubtless the manual would do a bit better, but the petrol Accords really aren't the best bet for those looking to save a bit.

Go for the diesel....it would take someone in the know to spot the difference looking at the car and a friend of mine has one returning 50mpg IN TOWN!

Kris81 said:
This is like reading my history a few years back, I had an ST and loved it but sold it to save money by getting an a4 tdi, regretted it instantly but stuck with it for a year then sold that to free up some money for a house move. Drove a banger for a year then went and bought a 2.4 exec all the toys with a good engine, it is a lovely motor even though its a 53reg, still looks sharp and feels good
to drive.
I get between 32mpg having fun and upto 36mpg driving like a granny on my 12mile commute to work.
I also looked at the 2.0 but am so glad I got the 2.4.
That my opinion hope it helps!

forgot to mention on the same commute in my ST I got between 26mpg and the best I ever got was 30mpg!
Really useful information! Thanks.

I currently get 28-30 on my work commute and usually around 33-35 on a long distance trip in the ST. So you're figures are really good.

Jason N said:
If economy is a big thing for you....go for the i-CDTI. I've had a 2.0 i-vtec and round town, I got 26mpg. On a motorway I could get it up to 35 it I stuck rigidly to 70mph. Granted, mine had the auto box and doubtless the manual would do a bit better, but the petrol Accords really aren't the best bet for those looking to save a bit.

Go for the diesel....it would take someone in the know to spot the difference looking at the car and a friend of mine has one returning 50mpg IN TOWN!
Economy isn't an issue, and I really don't want a diesel! All I want is for my next car to do better MPG than my ST. As I will resent it if I have to put more juice in it than I did with the ST!