What's new

Got my Accord Sport Today

TonyK7ng87

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda
Good evening all,
As stated in my newbie post, I got my 2001 Accord Sport today and BOY why didn't I buy 1 sooner.

This car drives fantasticly, pulls well and is just beautiful in night hawk black.
Yeah she needs a few few bushes here and there but I love
it.
She's covered 123k miles and has full Honda service history, she has the HKS panel filter which adds a little sound which j wasn't expecting :)

Going to give her an oil service tomorrow afternoon as she is due 1 in 1,036 miles but as she needs a little top up I may as well service her now.

I've brought a fully synthetic 5/40 as have been advised by many this is the best for this engine.

I'll add some pics once I've done the service and givern it a good clean.

;)

Congrats mate, they are fantastic cars aren't they. Really really underrated cars IMO. I'm always smitten by mine, it's a joy to drive, relaxing when you want it to be, but put your foot down and throw it into a bend and it comes alive, I have so much fun in mine. I'm gonna keep mine as long as I can, they don't make cars like this anymore!

I loved my old mg zs I sold in august last year and since then I've had a 2006 mondeo tdci, 2007 vectra sri cdti 150, 2004 seat Leon, Volvo s40 sport and a 2004 ford focus.
Non of them made me feel happy when driving them.

Then I was offered this accord sport and I love it. Best all round car by far. ;)

I had mine 9yrs and don't tire of driving it. I have it 3 times longer than any other car that were either Vauxhalls or ***'s. ( <- lol @ profanity filter 'V A G*'s')

I also hate all that modern ***** in more recent cars, it just feels sure, robust and basic. Considering only a rotted exhaust, seized caliper and droplinks have gone wrong in 12 year, I'd dread the day it needs to get scrapped - I'm never selling it.

Great to hear. Glad you like it.

Thanks Steve,
Gonna give her a service today and give her a good clean and wax, then in the week I'm gonna take off all arch liners and clean them out. If I find any rust ect ill grind it back treat paint and seal ;)