What's new

Gtechniq EXO

Jamie s

Members
Reaction score
Car
52 2.0 SE Exec
Hi all,

I detailed my Accord and thought i would share with you what Gtechnic can bring to the plate.

Products used

Bilt hamber surfex HD
Bilt hamber Auto-wheels
Bilt hamber soft clay
Autosmart fallout remover
Elite Pro Wheel & Detail Brush
Dodo Juice - Born to be Mild Shampoo
Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer
Gtechniq P1 Nanocomposite Polish
Gtechniq P2 Hologram Removing Polish
Elite Soft Buff 6.5" Yellow Foam Polishing Pad
Elite Soft Buff 6.5" Black Foam Finishing Pad
Elite Ultra Plush Blue Microfibre Towels 16"x26" Pack of 12
CarPro Eraser - Intense Oil and Polish Cleanser
Kestrel SIM180 Variable Speed Rotary Polisher
Gtechniq EXO

Before i start i will let you all know now that as of 20/05/2012 Gtechniq EXO is not available yet for sale, and i was luckily given a sample to try on my car by Alex at Elite Car Care.

EXO is a super hydrophobic nano coating that has self cleaning abilities, and is said to give protection for up to 5 years and beading for up to 2 years!!

The car was washed with a mild mix of Surfex HD then sprayed down with Autosmart fallout remover and left to dwel for 5 min and agitated and rinsed.
Then washed down with some more Sufrex HD and then a final wash with a strong mix of Dodo born to be mild shampoo.

Wheels where cleaned with Bilt hamber Auto-wheels, a very good wheel cleaner that decontaminates and cleans even the most dirtiest of wheels.

Clayed with Bilt hamber soft clay and this did not remove much at all as the car is kept clean and the fall out remover and surfex took care of most of the crud.

The car was machine polished with a rotary and P1 polish then refined down with P2 polish, and cleansed with Carpro eraser so that the paint was clean and free from any oils or polish for the application of EXO.

I will let the photos take over form here .... there are quite a few of them!

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

Now the finished article...........
DSC01277.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

As you can see it looks a good product and seemed to add some gloss to a already highly glossed paintwork anyway.

I know for some people this is way ott and the expense involved can be high, but it's a hobby and it gets me out of swmbo way!!

A total of 13 straight hours was spent doing this.

Comments welcome

Jamie S

Wow. Beautiful example. I love the blue, is it the Atlantic blue? In've got a Civic in the Atlantic and it looks stunning when clean.

I need to get a bit of rust sorted out on my Accord and then give it a thorough going over to remove swirl marks. Mine is the Amazon Pearl and I love the sparkle when it is clean, looks like an emerald sparkling when the sun hits it just right.

Wow really nice finish and reflections! Can definately tell you put in the hard effort :)

thanks for the comments

Aces the colour is eternal blue, i was not allowed to buy the green one :-( (swmbo thinks it's an unlucky colour!)

paul lol.... i do not work for Elite, I buy all my detailing equipment from them and collect it in person so have got to know the owner Alex and he knows how much i have been itching to get my hands on a can of EXO and kindly lent me his own sample can.

To be honest i have used a fair few of the traders on detailing world and found that Elite have a good selection of brands and are fairly priced.

the products are also available at:-

Ultimate Finish
Gtechniq
Clean Your Car
Amazon

From what i have been told EXO will be launched at the end of the month and will retail at £125 a can ...... steep i know but the can will do 6 cars 2 coats, and seeing that 2 coats will last 5 years i dont think that is to bad.

A single shot application will be available later on in the year priced around £60 and will provide around 3 coats.

Looks great, how did you go about heating the car up before applying the EXO?

Saw Rob from Gtecniq apply this at a recent KDS event and looked easy to apply but temperature critical...

Dam lovely job fella B)

Wow! Cars aren't even that shiny on Gran Turismo 5 :lol: . Good work man.

Simon it was a combination of the machine polishing, halogen lights, warm warehouse and please don't laugh, but the wifes hairdryer!!!
I sprayed a bit on a
microsuede cloth smeared it about and buffed with a polishing microfiber and that seemed to do the trick well.

Beading shots

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

Simon it was a combination of the machine polishing, halogen lights, warm warehouse and please don't laugh, but the wifes hairdryer!!!
I sprayed a bit on a
microsuede cloth smeared it about and buffed with a polishing microfiber and that seemed to do the trick well.

Beading shots

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

Looks fantastic!