What's new

Halfords Washer finally died

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
Yep despite me keeping it alive for the last four year the cold weather has damaged the pump beyond reasonable repair. So Im back to the old skool hose pipe and no beloved snow foam for a while :blush:

The hunt is on for a new model when I can afford it, thinking Nilfisk at the moment would love a heated job but can justify the cost. In the past Ive had karcher, bosch and halfords all of which I dont think I will touch again, but as always welcome to suggestions from people.

Do what I am gonna do next year - install a hot outside tap... simples :blush:.

To be honest Andy iv always had karchers and had no problems.But at the end of the day there an half decent washer at a reasonable price.

well that does surprise me we have a Karcher at work and considering the people that use that its been good and not died yet

Which ever one I get it will have a soft hose, fed up with the rigid ones that twist up all the time.

reel tidy on the makita takes care of that buddy,

My halfords one had a reel tidy, what I mean is the hose is soft as opposed to the rigid types you get with the cheaper washers.

May she rest in pieces ;)

To me a washer is a washer mate but I'll watch this with interest.

Im actually a bit gutted not just because of money, but it had problems and I was always able to nurse it back together and despite its unhealthy appetite towards rubber seals it served me well.

I understand when you say a washer is a washer and perhaps my distinct lack of funds means I may even have to do without one for quite a while :( .

Well having discussed with SWMBO looks like my budget is more beggers rather than choosers :)

Anyway looks like I can get a washer with metal induction pump for sub £100 still by looking at both Nilfisk and Makita which I was suprised at. Also both makers provide decent bar pressure and flow rates for that price as well. Im probably swaying more to Nilfisk as the alto fittings are very popular and I can pick up angled pressure tips ect... easily.

Good choice that Nilfisk, from what I've researched all metal induction motor, meaning reliable quiter use, they have superior build in terms of plastics, fit and finish. Karcher from experience are very poor and i feel dissapointed for what i ***umed was a no brainer, my bad one interweb search revealed how shyte they are, I mean plastic pump B)

let us know how you get on, i'll be needed a new one sometime soon.

Okay an update for those who are interested ;)

Due to time of year and spending a little on the car already this year I decided to cut my cloth accordingly and managed to get a cracking deal on a Nilfisk. I went for the C110 as it has a reasonable bar pressure but great flow rate as well and of course being dirt cheap helped as well :lol: .

Strange enough best deal was obtained via argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7151062/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHERS.htm and weird they sell the lower model C100 a few pounds more than the C110 :(

I had a play this afternoon as I was on a study leave :ph34r:, when I got the box I was expecting something bigger and when I got the unit out and compared to my current one I was like nah this is gonna be naff. But on closer inpection you can tell its made well and all the fitting are well made, its quiet in operation and did exactly what I wanted for the car. For the money I dont think you can go wrong and with a 2yr warranty and the benefit of being able to trot ot Argos if it goes wrong is a massive benefit.

My advice would be if you want to spend sub £60 but want a metal induction pump and a quality item then its superb. Just dont expect more advanced features like variable pressure, hose reel or flexible hose. Oh and it does snow foam superb which I was a little worried about, there is an underbody angled tip I want to get but its £20 so will wait a while till April when I will need it.

That does look mighty impressive for the money dude!

Yes it has kew/alto fittments for the foam lance ect......I

I bought the nilfisk last year for a bargain £50 from screwfisk including a patio cleaning attatchment....superb value for money ;)

I also bought Nilfisk C110. It's doing really good job. For this price you can't get anything better