What's new

HID Kit's

I also keep spares.. never any harm in keeping spares :ph34r:

i removed my front bumper today to look at the condition of the ballasts. I mounted them in the front leg on either side (just under and to either side of each light), and both are showing no signs of corrosion or any water ingress which is great. :)

are you suggesting my car isn't a tourier?!
i love ebay for laughing at people's poor English ability.

mounting under the bumper? seems like a lot of work to do that...

nope. its pretty easy to be honest. a few clips, bolts and screws and the front bumper just pops off... takes 30 min to take off on your own..

it also makes it look so much neater than having ballasts sticking out in the engine bay.

Or you can do what CJ did and go the full hog and take his lights out and get new back covers saying warning high voltage!

I can only recommend what i've used 3 sets from this company in china
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/manufactory88/

One ballast went faulty, sent a replacement asap. quick delivery, no customs.
Others been working fine for at least couple 1.5- 2 yrs

oh i opened the faulty one up, and its sealed with rubber gaskets, and all the circuits etc were /coated in resin like substance. looked totally waterproof.

Yes, but he's a UK chancer selling the same stuff you get from China for a massive markup.

Have another search you can get them for £30 or less.

How about these?

Linky

Actually just saw the postage - so perhaps not.

hmm right ok, well i heard 50w are bit too obviously illegal, but not sure. btw anyone ever had problems with MOT via honda using there HID's?

£26.98 total on Buy It Now - cheapest I can find today.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-HID-Conversion-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H11-9005-9006-/260717238061?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb3f5572d

hmmm, wot you guys think of this then?
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

found today - just after i had ordered a conversion kit on fleabay!

We have projector lenses so should be fine mate. Apart from the lack of self levelling of course :p.

When buying a HID kit please buy one from a recommendation or a trusted seller.
I bought a cheap HID kit from Ebay and it interfered with my radio reception to the point that i had to take it out. The ballast was not well insulated and when they are on the ballast gives off a frequency that effects the radio signal. Im not saying they all do this as i have bought cheap kits before and had no problems but it is a lot of hassle to fit a kit only to have to remove it because it is poor quality.
The trouble is they all look the same.

My advice is to get a kit that you know will be ok via a link from someone or just pay a little extra to get a kit from HID's4U or HID's Direct etc and avoid any potential problems.

I bought a kit from one of the above suppliers and the reception problem was solved.

Im not sure about the Accord because i have not fitted a kit to my car yet but you may need warning cancellers if they strobe or flicker as well.

Like This
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-KIT-CANBUS-ERROR-DECODER-RESISTOR-CANCELLER-/220694242711?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336266e597

Yes, but he's a UK chancer selling the same stuff you get from China for a massive markup.

Have another search you can get them for £30 or less.

;) :) :D He is a Powerflow Exhaust centre based in the midlands who is affiliated with quite a few car forums and is one of the cheapest and best after market exhaust centres in the country.
http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35542

I would have no problem buying anything from MIJ and you will get a legitimate guarantee as well. Worth the extra £15 and delivery will be quicker.

got the washers mate! i've oredered now so i think i'll be trying them....

Go for it. You will wonder how you survived without them.
They really are that good, Its one of the first things i do to any new car i get.

:lol: :D :D He is a Powerflow Exhaust centre based in the midlands who is affiliated with quite a few car forums and is one of the cheapest and best after market exhaust centres in the country.
http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35542

I would have no problem buying anything from MIJ and you will get a legitimate guarantee as well. Worth the extra £15 and delivery will be quicker.

Doesn't mean a thing to me mate. He's still selling the same stuff at a big markup.

That's his choice, and if you want to buy from him - that yours. I am just pointing out the obvious facts :D

i've just read the honda accord leaflet thing and it says my exec should have HID as standard?! it doesn't :-(
can i get them retro fitted with the proper lights and self level from Honda?!

why doesn't mine have them? it's a 55 plate tourer exec.

i've just read the honda accord leaflet thing and it says my exec should have HID as standard?! it doesn't :-(
can i get them retro fitted with the proper lights and self level from Honda?!

why doesn't mine have them? it's a 55 plate tourer exec.

I think only the 2.4 i-vtec exec came with HID's as standard (my 2.0 exec doesnt have them). You would be very very unlucky to fail an MOT with a HID kit installed seeing as your car already has headlight washers as well as projector headlights and they will only turn your lights on to see if the beam is out.
It would be an unbelievable jobs worth to check for self leveling motors in your headlights imo.

The only thing your car doesnt have is a self leveling motor in the lights, The actual headlights are identical.

I have had a HID kit in my last 3 cars and had no problems with regards to the old bill or getting them MOT'd.

£26.98 total on Buy It Now - cheapest I can find today.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-HID-Conversion-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H11-9005-9006-/260717238061?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb3f5572d

I have ordered these anyways, let see how it goes once they arrive! :D also is it possible to install aftermarket headlight washers?

i think you can retro fit Honda HIDs I seem to remember something about this before but the kit from Honda is something like £1000 :D

Is there any way you could get headlight cleaners installed after?, as mine is a type s and it doesnt have it.

That would be a real mission and probably not feasible...

Ultimately that's what I think I'll end up with as well Andy. The 3000k are just to satisfy my curiosity.

Sounds like your joining a new religion btw?

I actually have 4300 k anti glare hids in my 6th gen reflector headlights, and they are very impressive!

I got fed up waiting on my 3000k's for I've taken the plunge and I now have 4300k's which I installed last night.

The following pictures are with 4300k's in the passenger side and 6000k's in the driver's side so that yo can see the difference.......I'll leave to the rest of you to make up your mind which one's give off the most usable light! :eek:

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

I'm still going to try the 3000k's when I get them, and I'll post up some piccys.

Puppy..

not wanting to sound rude... but i think your 4300k bulb is not correctly installed in the light housing. The rather large dark spot showing on some of your pictures really should not be there.

its quite interesting to see a side by side comparison of the 4300k and 6000k. its rather obvious, even with the slight issue on the left side with the dark spot that the light output is that much better from the 4300k bulb

its quite interesting to see a side by side comparison of the 4300k and 6000k. its rather obvious, even with the slight issue on the left side with the dark spot that the light output is that much better from the 4300k bulb

Yes I noticed this as well, whilst I havent fitted my 4300k's yet the difference between 5k and 6k has become more obvious over the last week or so.

hhhmmm interesting - I think I prefer the 6K light...

oooohhh to mod or not to mod????