What's new

High Mileage petrol accords

Ashz

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 accord
Hi guys, so after a trip to Bradford due to a work conference, the car ticked over to 138,000 miles. Which got me wondering are there any other high mileage petrol accords on the forum? Mines a 2.4 ex saloon.

tbh 138k is not really high milage on a k series, i am on 118k and its like new.

at 40 or 50k they are hardly bedded in.

i am sure they can easily get up to 200k with the oil and fluid changes, the rest of the car might fall by the way side but the engine will keep going.

As Eric said these cars should be good for 200k plus with good serving.

Not on this forum, but......

http://automobiles.honda.com/mile-makers/owner-stories.aspx

Oops....just noticed 7thGen specific - worth a click anyway.

I reckon to 200k shouldn't be an issue or even higher. The reservations I'd have would be possibly valve seals & t-chain and/or ***ociated parts starting to go at that mileage but that's only a reservation with nothing to support it other than experiences with non Honda's.

I'm punting on getting 200K out of mine all being well. Currently on 78K.

My 14 year old Accord Just passed 15 miles today

14 year old car done 15 miles :unsure: . Dude! You need to drive your car more :lol: .

The chain has a life time guarantee doesn't it, as long as oil is changed every 6000miles. I use castrol edge 5w30.

my dad's last Accord was sold to a friend of his and he came over a few weeks ago as he had a problem with his electric window switch, its a 2003 Accord 2.0 SE Tourer and that was on 380,000 miles, car is battered, hardly anything works, damage all over the car, hasn't been washed properly or vacuumed for years and its still going strong mechanically! he drives it London and back multiple times a week, he's in the carpeting trade so always meeting suppliers etc... next time he's over I will get you guys some pics lol... should be on 400k by now... my dad sold it at 125k...

my dad's last Accord was sold to a friend of his and he came over a few weeks ago as he had a problem with his electric window switch, its a 2003 Accord 2.0 SE Tourer and that was on 380,000 miles, car is battered, hardly anything works, damage all over the car, hasn't been washed properly or vacuumed for years and its still going strong mechanically! he drives it London and back multiple times a week, he's in the carpeting trade so always meeting suppliers etc... next time he's over I will get you guys some pics lol... should be on 400k by now... my dad sold it at 125k...

He don't mind does he lol

My '99 Accord 2.0 petrol has done 149,000 and the engine runs perfectly. No doubt the engine would do another 149k without problem, but the rest of the car is showing a few signs of old age.

The most mileage I've had is, and I hope it's okay to put this on an Accord forum , 186k on a 1.8 petrol Nissan Bluebird.

82k on my 14 year old, she's an old man with a young heart :wub: