What's new

High speed judder/vibration

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
Hi All,

I'm new to the site so hoping somebody can help.

I bought an Accord 2.2 i-dtec ES GT 2010 plate with 150000 on the clock.

Just been to Portugal and back, 3500 miles total, all good apart from a judder/vibration at the front end when going over 65mph.

If Anybody has any ideas I'd appreciate it?

Cheers Nick

Get a wheel balance and alignment done, if it persists afterwards, it could be driveshaft related.

Mr Honda said:
Get a wheel balance and alignment done, if it persists afterwards, it could be driveshaft related.
What he said.
I had a pronounced vibration at about 50mph that vanished at higher and lower speeds. Issue was uneven tyre wear caused by poor alignment.
I didn't spot it, but when the tyre guy pointed it out it was pretty obvious. After it was set up (and two new tyres :blink: ) problem solved.
I'd get this checked before diving in at the expensive end...

Thank you both very much for the feedback, I will get it sorted and fingers crossed it will just be a wheel/tyre problem :)

How did you get on? I have a vibration at around 60 but m it goes away at higher speeds and I have had my tracking and balancing done and my tyres are all fine. I changed one propshaft bush as the steering was cranky at stop and start speeds and whilst the clanking stopped I still have the vibration. Any other ideas anyone?

I'm guessing it's most commonly the inside CV joint on the nearside driveshaft. I have the exact same problem for quite a while.

It's on the list next do to but just had MOT, wheel bearing, service, 2 tyres.

Unsure weather to replace with a shaftec or J & R one. Anyone who's done this before what part did you use?

I'll be sure to post if it fixes the judder issue when it's done though.

Instead of making a new drive shaft related thread, I thought I'd just bump this one. Looking at different driveshaft options...Does the 2.2 150bhp share the same part as the 180bhp type S? As I've only found a few listed for a CU3 150bhp but seperate ones listed for the CU3 180bhp type S.

Would the type S one fit the other 8th gen diesels? https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/japanparts/13478072

*Edit - Lings parts numbers for the type S and the ES-GT are identical. So I'm hoping that'd indicate they share driveshafts unless someone whos done this job before knows otherwise.

I haven’t done this job but can’t see any reason why they would be different.

I think they should be different because type is engine is more powerfull than stock 2,2 i-dtec. It should fit, because gearboxes type s and stock diesels are identical. So in conclusion type s driveshaft should be stronger and last longer :)

As per above part numbers are identical. They’re not different.

Hi guys, don't want to hijack the thread but rather than start a new thread wanted to ask do the 8th gen petrols suffer with driveshaft issues?

Ashzz said:
Hi guys, don't want to hijack the thread but rather than start a new thread wanted to ask do the 8th gen petrols suffer with driveshaft issues?
Maybe eventually, I would of thought it'd wear a lot slower though as the diesel puts alot more torque through the driveshaft than the petrol.

I had vibrations but only at 55-65mph. I changed engine mounts and dirvieshaft bushes. An expensive thing to do but this solved the problem. My idtec 2009 is on 187k so i cannot complain......but obviously do!