What's new

Honda accord 2003 executive speaker diagram

Roberts14

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Does anyone have a speaker diagram with the built in amplifier need to find out which speaker is what colour as there all random colours

I've not seen a diagram on the forum before. But could you upload a photo of the amp and wiring. We may, between us forum members, be able to figure it out perhaps?

Also only reason i need to know this is because i have put a double din into my 7th gen and when i turn the volume upto 10 its at its loudest when the stereo goes to 40, this is because of the standard built in amp. So the built in amp in the stereo and the standard amp is making the speakers louder quicker which isnt good because your sending a unclean signal, so what i want to do is take the standard built in amp out of the equation so its a cleaner signal, will upload some pictures. I install systems quite often so im normally good at this stuff, but ive only ever had a play around with a bose sound system which is totally different to this. Just annoying and time consuming trying to find which colour wires are for what speaker.

I managed to find an output within these wires with the green / yellow wire and a purple wire. What i done was get another speaker i had laying about and connected it by jammy some wires into the connector and i managed to get sound from those 2 wires, but before i cut into anything i want to make sure i cut the right ones so any help appreciated

^that looks like it should point you in the right direction

I'm presuming you have the premium sound system which has 8 speakers. 2 bass, 4doors,2 tweeters. The standard HU feeds the amps a 4channel signal which the amp converts to 8 with the right freq and cut offs.

If you are planning on driving the speakers direct from your HU which I am guessing is 4ch then you will need to get creative in your wiring.

either bridging the parcel and rear doors, and the fronts with the tweeters but will need a inline filter of some kind.

I would personally run components up front and tweeters in stock location and possibly a small sub if you fancy.

Thanks for the replys, you are correct i have the premium sound system, i have a nice little system, ive taken the 6x9's out whoch are the bass speakers to let the bass enter the cabin alot better, i have 0 gauge running through the car with a banner agm battery, to run the 1500 w rms i have in the back powering 2 kicker solobaric L7 12" subs tuned to 29hz, and will be upgrading speakers all round very shortly but for the time being i wanted to wire the front, rear and tweeters to the double din i have which is a pioneer avh 5600bt. I have a feeling the tweeters are connected to the front door speakers (im hoping) so then i can find the wires and attatch them to the channels off the double din. Normally isnt difficult but hondas are obvioulsy a pain in the ***. Lol

looks good mate, If you look at the wiring schematics you will see the tweeters have their own channel coming off the amp with the signal already corrected at amp level.

You can wire up the fronts and tweets together but will have to use a filter of some sort so they only see highs.

Impressive stuff man.

Thanks guys, i like my music loud lol. What i might do is just get an amp and individually wire all the speakers to the amp and connect it through the stereo that way seems like an easier option and hate cutting through oem wiring. Thanks for the replies.

yes as you will be upgrading stock speakers makes sense to wire in a amp.

btw you can buy a amp bypass harness as well iirc?

You will still have a issue if using stock tweeters unless you have a box of tricks to attach inline?

Done the wiring yesterday and found it all wasnt that bad, i cut the harness leading into the amp and then attached a little aa battery to the speaker wires to find out what wire was connected to each speaker. Only reason i dont this is because in previous posts was the wrong information. So anyway i managed to connect all speakers, and with the tweeters they needed a crossover to send a high signal to them so i attatched that inline and works perfect sounds nice aswell considering its only off the head unit, for now. If anyone needs any help with doing something similar you know where i am.

good to hear you got it setup. what information was wrong in previous posts be good to know? The wiring diagram I posted is the one I used and the pin outs were the same as to what I had?

Salim im not sure about your image you sent because i couldn't really see it but im not sure if it was on this post or not, but i got some information off this forum on what coloured wires were for which speaker but they were wrong

Black/red +
Pink/black - front right tweeter

Green/yellow +
Grey - Front right door speaker

Light green -
Green/black + front left door speaker

Blue/orange +
Grey blue - front left tweeter

Blue/red +
Blue/orange thick wire - rear right door speaker

Orange/blue +
Purple - rear left door