What's new

Honda accord diesel catback

midaev1

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Hi guys. Hope you all well and your cars )))

I looking to get catback done by this Garage called: souhans in ROI near Dublin.
My question is: should I go for 2.5" or 3"
Any risks of reducing engine health and power
Would there be difference the way they sound.

Your advice and thoughts are much appreciated.
Thank you guys

I did catback today. i really really needed an advice about either 2.5 or 3 inch straight pipe i should go. anyways nobody replied here so i went 2.5 as the exhaust man was recommending too.
have to say its not bad at all. I have leaking manifold so if thats done gonna be even better i guess. going to buy manifold now on ebay.

Looks and sounds great Rustam. Sorry I've not been free to speak the last few days.

Get that manifold sorted, you'll feel a good difference.

hi guys, how u all doin.

the catback is good. nice sound and all that BUT at front of the car you still hear this diesel sound u know. its like from behind sounds mean sporty at front cheap stock sound.

is there any way to do something about it? or is my catback job is sh!ty done. Was thinking would sport air induction do anything to lower or kill the diesel sounnd at front of car.

What price was the Catback from Souhans?

Man that's a nice car! :)

Is your car a pre face-lift model? I looked at body kits for mine but the only ones available were the Pre face ones. I see that yours has the bonnet trim on it? The face-lift ones didn't have that IIRC

Burbleboy said:
Is your car a pre face-lift model? I looked at body kits for mine but the only ones available were the Pre face ones. I see that yours has the bonnet trim on it? The face-lift ones didn't have that IIRC
no, mine face-lift. she is 2008. When i wanted to get bodykit fitted the fella at Icetronix Dublin told me there is nothing for face-lift model so i got pre-face-lift front and rear bumpers and fitted bodykit. no i want diffrent lips. bigger ones. Mugen front rear and side. maybe later on i'll get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lK1GR-r7qU

this air filter system is something else. i wonder would it sound the same on diesel Accord

midaev1 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lK1GR-r7qU

this air filter system is something else. i wonder would it sound the same on diesel Accord
No mate. Tried a cone filter straight onto intake pipe. It does give a 'whoosh' sound for approx 1500rpm then nothing. I found it slower performance quite a bit. Went with Pipercross panel filter, no sound but much better to drive.

Sounds awesome man, i picked up a cat back system for mine not to long ago, just standard pipe modified to fit a twin system, sounds nice and it didn't effect performance. Yours does sound alot more meaty though :)

valhalla said:
Sounds awesome man, i picked up a cat back system for mine not to long ago, just standard pipe modified to fit a twin system, sounds nice and it didn't effect performance. Yours does sound alot more meaty though :)
i hope by saying "meaty" you ment in good way. didnt get it. i did video with no EGR blanked and broken manifold at that time. now done all and full service few days ago. next time gonna buy pipercross for now stock one fitted. gonna do video see if any difference.

I'd love nice sound. sporty sound. not reach to buy huge petrol engine. but dont want to gain noise by giving up power.

In regard to exhaust pipe diameter size, I went to 2 1/4 size. Any bigger and you would be affecting the backpressure for the turbo more I believe? I noticed a difference in power having taken the 2nd cat away but went with a slightly bigger diameter pipe than standard.....not a huge bore though.

midaev1 said:
i hope by saying "meaty" you ment in good way. didnt get it. i did video with no EGR blanked and broken manifold at that time. now done all and full service few days ago. next time gonna buy pipercross for now stock one fitted. gonna do video see if any difference.

I'd love nice sound. sporty sound. not reach to buy huge petrol engine. but dont want to gain noise by giving up power.
Yes mate meaty is good!! It sounds very sporty and a nice depth to it.. not just a loud noise lol