What's new

Honda Accord EX+ on a 7th Gen, how rare are they?

JezUK

Reaction score
Car
2006 Accord 2.4 EX+
I've just purchased my 2nd Honda Accord, after having owned my first ever Honda for over 12 years (a 6th Gen 2002 2.0 Exec).

This one's a 2006 Honda Accord 2.4 EX+ and I'm guessing the plus is because it has Lane ***ist and Active Cruise Control (which I've only ever seen on an 8th Gen, and even then it's rare to see on those).

I've done a Google search on the EX+ but there is nothing out there, so am wondering how many other 7th Gen EX+ there are in the UK?

Any idea how I can find out?

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of this model to be honest. Those options are fairly rare on the 7th gen but I have seen them over the years. What makes you think it’s called a Plus?

Then it’s definitely a rare model.

Hi JezUK, Just joined this forum so I could respond as I have just bought MY second Accord, 7th gen, and it also has LKAS/ACC, known as the '+'.
My only issue is the colour (brown metallic) but as I'm inside the car most of the time I can't see it!
Just replaced both rear tyres as the LKAS/ACC won't work over 50MPH if the tyres are even slightly different. Very annoying...

Hi JezUK, Just joined this forum so I could respond as I have just bought MY second Accord, 7th gen, and it also has LKAS/ACC, known as the '+'.
My only issue is the colour (brown metallic) but as I'm inside the car most of the time I can't see it!
Just replaced both rear tyres as the LKAS/ACC won't work over 50MPH if the tyres are even slightly different. Very annoying...

Join the club :)

I'm loving the 2.4 engine in mine (compared to my 2002 Honda Accord 2.0 which would make overtaking a very risky business).

Mine's silver with black leather.

Interesting to note regarding the tyres - luckily mine has 4 Pirelli all-season tyres which seem in good condition.

I've just had the rear abs sensor play up on mine, so am about to have that taken care of, plus a couple of other bits and pieces. Overall I love it (which I knew I would :) - Accords are simply the best :) ).

PS - I need a new grille as this one has faded completely - it's in pretty bad condition. Any ideas? (I've looked online, on eBay, nothing suitable as of yet).

Some grille options below:

MV Tuning - from Russia but if you email them they have a workaround for the current shipping situation. I haven’t use them but other members have.

Rising Tuning - from Kazakhstan. Not used them either.

Aliexpress - in China. Search for Acura TSX grill and you’ll get loads of results.

I think the best option would be local breakers yards.

can recommend both mv tuning and rising, I had a type s facelift replica grill from mv for my wagon and we've just bought a spoiler from rising tuning for the sedan, I have no doubt their grills would be excellent as well

Take the grille off, clean it up and spray it black. Can't look any worse if it's really that bad! Then go to a scrap yard and get a replacement!

Take the grille off, clean it up and spray it black. Can't look any worse if it's really that bad! Then go to a scrap yard and get a replacement!
I’ve just done this with the satin finished grille surround on my 8th gen. Was a proper ball ache but that’s because I’m too much of a perfectionist and I was colour matching it to my car. As @JezUK has a silver one I reckon that would look pretty good. Could even use plastidip to make the whole process much easier.

I've gone and bought a 2nd hand one in the end - it has a mesh behind the cental "H" Honda Logo, other than that it's identical to the one I have currently on my car so I'm pretty confident I can swap my Logo in its place (which I may/may not do).

Awesome. Hope it all goes together nice and easy.

I received the grille and I have to say that the condition of it is more than satisfactory :) It only cost me £55 and is not cracked or broken in any way. It’s not “as new” either, some small scratches here and there, but no cracks and will definitely be a big improvement on what I currently have….

However…..

Removing the old grille isn’t as easy as I thought….

It seems as though I need to remove the whole front bumper with the grille still attached first (to get at the three underside clips, and of course before I can do that, I need to disconnect everything else, including the engine splash shield and the fog lights….

I don’t have a garage so this is all pretty much on the side road stuff….

I’ve watched a guy on YouTube show how easy a 7th gen grille is to take off in the US (no securing pins on the underside, theirs just slide out) but it seems our models have 3 of those plastic clips that need to be popped out first and there’s no way you can do that with the bumper still on, well, not if you don’t want to break anything (these grilles are all plastic, are very brittle)

As far as I can tell, those three clips will need to be removed extremely carefully as they are a lot tougher than the grille they are holding in place…

Just wondering if I’m doing this correctly and am on the right path, in case anyone knows of an easier way?

Many thanks :)

Last edited:
I received the grille and I have to say that the condition of it is more than satisfactory. It only cost me £55 and is not cracked or broken in any way. It’s not as new either, but will definitely be an improvement on what I currently have.

However…..

Removing the grille isn’t as easy as I thought….

it seems as though I need to remove the whole front bumper, and of course before I can do that, I need to disconnect everything else, including the engine splash shield and the fog lights….

I’ve watched a guy on YouTube show how easy a 7th gen grille is to take off in the US (no securing pins on the underside) but it seems our models have 3 of those plastic clips that need to be popped out and there’s no way you can do that with the bumper still on, well, not if you don’t want to break anything (these grilles are all plastic, are very bri

Just wondering if I’m going on the right path, in case anyone knows of an easier way?
On my 8th gen I had to remove the whole front bumper to get the grille off for painting about a month ago. Did you search for Honda Accord on YouTube? If so it’s mostly likely the American only accord. Over there your 7th gen is known as a 1st gen Acura TSX, and likewise my 8th is known as a 2nd gen TSX. Apologies if you already know this.

Worth noting that when I reinstalled my grille 3 out of 4 of the old clips were unusable, so I just zip tied it in at the bottom. I found the removal and reinstall process alright to be honest, but I’m lucky enough to have a driveway. Do you have a mate’s driveway you could borrow for a couple of beers, perhaps?

Removing the old grille isn’t as easy as I thought….

It seems as though I need to remove the whole front bumper with the grille still attached first (to get at the three underside clips, and of course before I can do that, I need to disconnect everything else, including the engine splash shield and the fog lights….

I’ve watched a guy on YouTube show how easy a 7th gen grille is to take off in the US (no securing pins on the underside, theirs just slide out) but it seems our models have 3 of those plastic clips that need to be popped out first and there’s no way you can do that with the bumper still on, well, not if you don’t want to break anything (these grilles are all plastic, are very brittle)

As far as I can tell, those three clips will need to be removed extremely carefully as they are a lot tougher than the grille they are holding in place…

Just wondering if I’m doing this correctly and am on the right path, in case anyone knows of an easier way?

Many thanks :)

I don't remember if they're supposed to point up or down, but cut the pointy side off with small side cutters and replace with zip ties, the oe grilles slot nicely into the bumper so if you're thorough, alignment of the new piece won't be a problem even with ties

trust me, I've had mine off like 20 times the past few weeks lol

That's an interesting suggestion and point you make. From feeling them (I cannot see them) I believe they are pointing down. So, possible, I could remove this grille without the need to remove the bumper beforehand.

Either way, I hadn't considered cutting off the old clips (to prevent anything cracking). Thanks for the tip!