What's new

Honda Accord Raspberry Pi based onboard computer

devnull

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer I-CDTI
Just wanted to share my setup, it's Raspberry Pi based onboard computer providing music, video, Satnav and (planned) real-time diagnostic via Bluetooth OBD dongle.

work in progress:
KyzL7VVh.jpg

rear view camera
60KLOgTh.jpg

and final effect

UMM3O37h.jpg

My fancy diagram

AybtYbFh.jpg

More info here: http://sysadm.mielnet.pl/honda-accord-raspberry-pi-based-onboard-computer/

What do you think?

Awesome!

Great work and looks OEM

I have a sat nav version, can everything be connected to the display that came with the car and also connect the rear camera ?

That looks really good mate. Love the way it looks oem. Functionality looks spot on. I can see you have serious attention to detail.

dejv said:
I have a sat nav version, can everything be connected to the display that came with the car and also connect the rear camera ?
Haven't got a clue I'm afraid, you would have to research that. But I should imagine so, remember vaguely reading something somewhere about some chap doing it. Not very helpful, I know :)

Bietelboer said:
Looks like OEM!

where did you get the frame around the screen?
Thank you. Actual Dual DIN facia came from ebay (2 weeks from China, just search for name listed on shopping list on my blog).

But frame, as in 2DIN to 7" LCD conversion, yeah that's the part I'm least proud of. Resources needed:
- sharp knife,
- suede covered ply wood (it was actually a background from the old picture frame),
- few plasters to patch cuts on me fingers,
- 1 hour of me time, lots of cursing included.

It's not ideal and I'll probably re-do it once I'll have more time. But does the job of holding all this together so it's alright for a moment.

ukcl9 said:
i have a 7 inch touch screen sitting around doing nothing.is the yatour the same as a line in 3.5mm jacket to let you use an mp3 player through the stereo?
Yeah, in essence this Yatour thingy, I bought it mainly to get signal via 3.5mm jack into me car stereo. It turned out to be pretty cool, not only providing 3.5mm aux in but also Bluetooth hands-free for me phone plus streaming music from phone to car stereo. Plus ability to hook up SD card with MP3 to 04' reg car, how cool is that?

devnull said:
My wife may be reading this so lets say under 200 quid. Not including Yatour, that itself was £70 - but it was worth it.
Every married man around here knows exactly what you mean :)

Looks good, thinking of doing something along these lines, got the full SatNav system so might plumb something into the display with a Pi or similar driving it.

Hi guys, my setup is for sale - wife was in a head-on collision and this car is a write off. Yeah. Everyone is OK, wasn't her fault - but Tourer is gone....

Anyway, before it's been towed away I managed to rip out most of the components with idea in mind to re-install this system in a new car. But new car has already all the fancy features build-in so these components are now surplus to the requirement and therefore I'm putting them for sale:

Mausberry 3A Car Supply / Switch
Car Power Converter ? DC/DC 12V to 5V 3A Car
DIY 7 inch LCD Screen Display Monitor +Driver Board for Raspberry Pi HDMI/VGA/2A
7 inch Touch Screen Digitizer 7.0? + USB Controller Card
Double Din Stereo Facia for HONDA Accord
GNS USB GPS Receiver with Antenna
2x LED Light 16mm 12V Metal Momentary Push Button Switch
SD-CARD with KODI preconfigured
Yatour Accord Digital Changer + radio cable and bluetooth module

That's most of the stuff needed to get you going. It's a bit messy pile of parts and not a 'ready product', it's a DYI project in the end so bear that in mind and set expectations accordingly.

Price for forum member for all above parts is 180GBP + cost of the tracked delivery from the UK to your place. If it seems pricey, well Yatour itself was 70 quid...

Pictures of what you get are here https://imgur.com/a/uJIqn

Note 1, one of the facia attachments is bend - nothing that hot glue can fix I suppose.

Note 2, Yatour microphone for handsfree talk is missing a jack plug. Just soldering 3.5mm jack will fix that.

Finally, what you would also need is USB hub (lost it in the heat of the post-accident chaos) and actual Raspberry Pi2 (I'm keeping mine for Kodi project in the kitchen).

Drop me a message here or an email to honda [at] mielnet [dot] pl if you're interested.

Thanks.