What's new

How long are you keeping the car for?

blueagle

Members
Reaction score
Car
GT 2.2 i-CTDI
I'm just wondering how long are you planning to keep your car for?

Questions to answer :)

Registration year:
Ownership - How long have you had it for:
How long are you planning to keep it:

I'll answer them first.

Registration year: 2007
Ownership - How long have you had it for: 4 years
How long are you planning to keep it: Right now my plan is to keep it for as long as it drives. I absolutely love it!

Reg 2004
Owned from new
No plans to sell.....simply love it!

Reg 2005 Diesel
Purchased in 2009
I will run it into the ground. (A lot of money, mostly covered by warranty thank goodness has gone into my Accord) :)

2006 Petrol, purchased January this year.

Plan to run it until it no longer works, it's brilliant! If I had to drive further I'd just sell it and buy a diesel version.

First registered: Jan 2005
Purchased by me: May 2008 (with 81k miles)
I also intend to run it into the ground (now on almost 155k miles)

First registered: Jan 2004
Purchased by me: February 2014 - 10 days ago...
Plans: Own it for 3 years minimum and consider then whether to upgrade... I get bored of cars about every 2 years so change fairly often...

Been driving 15 years and probably owned about 15 cars in that time as we need 2 cars in our family...

Its nice to see so many happy Honda Accord owners. I'm definitely one of those!

I bought my wife a Nissan Micra last month and I'm already regretting it. Told her she's getting Honda Civic in couple of months time and she can't wait. For me car's reliability is most important factor and its even more important when wife and kids depend on that car!!!!

Registration year: 2004 2.4 Tourer
Ownership - How long have you had it for: 3 years, bought with 63K miles, now 99K miles
How long are you planning to keep it: Probably less than a year from now :( Need to change as how we're using our cars is changing (the Stream and Accord will go to be replaced by a Galaxy and Civic hybrid)

Registration year: 2004 2.2 ictdi
Ownership - How long have you had it for: 2 years in March
How long are you planning to keep it: might sell it soon as im sick of the high tax rate over here on 2.2 :( but looking at Dc2's so its not all bad news haha

Registration year: 2002
Ownership - How long have you had it for: 9years
How long are you planning to keep it: 2022

Would like to own it at 20yrs old, Brake and fuel lines all renewed last month, timing belt due around 2016. Bodywork seemingly good, fingers crossed ;)

EDIT - oops just saw this is for 7th gens lol....ah well answered it now!!

03 plate, bought in 2009 with 33K on the clock. It's currently got 81K on the clock. I intend to keep it forever :wub:
But being realistic, something eventually will happen that will leave the car way beyond reasonable economic repair, and when this does she'll have to go. This thought does me sad. I'm very attached to my car. But providing it doesn't get smashed or suffer something horrible mechanically, I'd love to hit 250,000 miles in this baby.

Alternatively, if Tax and/or petrol prices become too much of an issue, or if my circumstances change and I start doing high mileage I may have to look elsewhere... But who knows if/when that will be?

05 plate bought by me in 2009 oct with 66k
Now 103k and skowly growing up, just over 4years ownership, intend to own this forever. If the car will have mechanical problem which cost too much, then I would chage a petrol instead. But for now, my diesel tourer is unbeatable, just a bit too low on MPG for mixture of heavy trailer towing and down town driving but I'm still getting between 33-37 so far after the remap done. But overall, it's just great machine to drive

Registration year: 2004
Ownership - How long have you had it for: almost 2 years
How long are you planning to keep it: If it aint broke dont fix it, i will keep this until i got funds to buy a legend. :p

Registration year: 2006
Ownership - 2.5 years
How long are you planning to keep it: I'm happy with it for the time being, but I have a yearning for a petrol Accord or BMW 328/330i

Registered 2004
Purchased Sept 2012 @ 70,000
Current Mileage at 92,000 - absolutely no plans to change it. Just did a 1000 mile round trip to Scotland and back over the weekend and it just breezed up and down the motorway very quickly and with no fuss, I've had less relaxing baths. It was actually pretty economical getting 430 miles from a tank of regular unleaded, I wasn't trying very hard to be steady.
Tom

Osiris said:
I've had less relaxing baths.
:lol: It's so true! The Accord is a seriously no-stress drive.

Registration year:

Ownership - How long have you had it for:
3 months

How long are you planning to keep it:
For a good few years hopefully, my favourite car to date :) As Steve said though it does depend on tax and petrol costs as well. I do under 5k miles a year but if that was to change it would need to go for something more economical as I mainly do town driving.

2006 car, bought 2011.

I've thought long and hard about this.

Once a year I get hammered for nearly £500 road tax.

And in the next couple of years maybe there will be big bills for a new clutch and exhaust.

BUT...

I'll probably spend the dough and keep the car until it's 12-15 years old.

I'm hoping by then that Honda will have put that lovely new 2.0 turbo engine in something a bit more up market than a Civic :p

Owned for: 3 years exactly!

Probably another 2-3 years or when it expires. I've owned 10 cars in 20 years of driving, and other than my wife's A3 Sportback, which we've had almost 10 years from new, my Accord is the car I've owned the longest. I'm always looking at other marques and think about a change, but my i-CTDI is just so easy to live with, cheap to run, and incredibly reliable given the mileage.

Registration year: 2003
Ownership - How long have you had it for: 5 days *Facepalm* (Feb 15th 2014)
How long are you planning to keep it: I've owned my 1.2 clio for 4 years, which i've had some great fun in, this I'd imagine i'll keep longer, its a great all rounder, its Fun, comfortable, relaxed, nice interior, looks great, quick for 150bhp, I love it, I'll be keeping this for a long time until I need my 6Cyl fix.

Registered 2005
Bought 2012 (52K now 83K on clock)

Replaced an Audi A4 diesel and a far superior car, more reliable, quicker, better handling and a better feel of quality about it. I've had no problems with it at all, up for sale at the minute as I've got itchy feet again and have ordered a Volvo V70 D5 (7 weeks delivery though). If I cant get what I want for it, my wife is going to inherit it, probably drive it till it stops

Thought I'd resurrect this:-

Estate 2.2 Cdti, 90k now on the clock.

Registration year: 2006
Ownership - How long have you had it for: 6.5 years
How long are you planning to keep it: Until it dies, as its not costing alot in depreciation now. ( expect at least another 5 years out of it)

Had new clutch and pressure plate at about 75k, DMF was ok, split the cost with Honda. Needed new manifold repaired under warranty.

Honda need to bring out a new estate over here.

Reg: 2006
ictdi Diesel 2.2
owned since July 2013 @ 82k vs 101k now
absolutely loved it to bits
how long will i keep it for...... mmmmm tricky.... Will change it next year and move to 2.4 petrol 2010 reg probably.

Reg 2004
2.0 Tourer Exec
Bought (by my sister) in 2011 at 64k miles
Bought by me in 2014 at 89k miles, now at 96k

I'm keeping it as long as possible.... I chose this car for her to buy in 2011 on purpose, knowing that I'd get first refusal when she decided to change... :) Just need to sort out the scrapes/dings and wire up a few accessories to make me satisfied!

Mods so far:
Ebay USB connection added to CD Changer Port
Limo black tints (b pillar back)
Led bulbs
Towbar

Still to do:
Hardwire USB power sockets (x2)
Rear Camera
Battery Voltage Indicator
Refurb wheels
Fix Paintwork as best as I can...

Owned for 2 years now. 2006 accord exec 2.4L 119845 miles on the clock now. Selling hasn't hit my head yet. was thinking of replacing the fuel filter though...