What's new

How many miles?

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive
As ***le, anybody know how mamy miles the 2.2 can capable of? I hope this reliable but fussy engine can run many miles without hassle.

I'm still impress the engine is so quiet and smooth, but for some reason I need to keep the key in the ignition start positon for extra 1 second after the engine started, otherwise it stalled. There has a very little of hesitation.
I recheck the service history and notice that the latest service didn't serve by Honda, so I'm going to change the oil and filter this weekend with my very favourite treatment--Slick 50, I used it in all my old cars and they preformed better and smoother. Or might clean the EGR, butterfly valve and manifold if the weather will be fine :)

A few years back I had a 04 2.2 and had done over 260k in it until some idiot ran into the back of me on the M25 , and never had any issues with the engine except only once when the egr had failed

( insurance wrote the car off due to chassis damage )

mines done almost 150K now and as good as when i first bought it 4-5 years ago with 90K on it. no engine issues at all, just everything else.......

Seems reliable enough then.
Frequent oil change with genuine parts should prolong the engine life, can't wait until Sunday to have a DIY service :)

143K on my 2006 tourer and the only oil it uses is when I wipe the dipstick on a rag, pulls like a train, the only car I've enjoyed sine my SAAB 9-5 Aero....

There's a member on here whose taxi I tuned at 118k miles. I met him a few months back and he's taken it to 276k and still going strong with our stage 2 egr off.

His secret is simple, 6k oil changes with 0w30 and good quality fuel.

My local auto parts charged me £35 for 4L of Castrol Edge, while Halfords wants £47 and Honda wants £15 per litre.....

The cost for the 6 months interval oil change isn't too bad if my local shop keeps the same low price for the next 12 to 18 months :)