What's new

How to diagnose and replace a faulty over pressure relief valve on a 2006 2.2 i-CTDi

Sometimes these are on so tight, it’s easier and cheaper just to get a secondhand fuel rail with the valve attached and swap it over. Love your workshop by the way, good luck.

Sometimes these are on so tight, it’s easier and cheaper just to get a secondhand fuel rail with the valve attached and swap it over. Love your workshop by the way, good luck.

Yep, I saw a chap on youtube do that too.
Many thanks, we aren't a garage but sell car stuff, and just happen to have a couple of ramps/tools from the old company that was here. So we put it to good use when we can !

Well as it turns out, I got the red battery light on this morning, so have just picked up a new Denso DAN985 alternator and Dayco drive belt.
So it looks like I'll be doing that today, and may as well see what I can do about this valve too whilst my hand are dirty and bleeding.

Yep, I saw a chap on youtube do that too.
Many thanks, we aren't a garage but sell car stuff, and just happen to have a couple of ramps/tools from the old company that was here. So we put it to good use when we can !

Well as it turns out, I got the red battery light on this morning, so have just picked up a new Denso DAN985 alternator and Dayco drive belt.
So it looks like I'll be doing that today, and may as well see what I can do about this valve too whilst my hand are dirty and bleeding.

Removing the steering pump for access is now a better bet :D

Not worried about tools ;)
20210107-155311.jpg

Just trying to get a plan of attack so I can do it before work.

I would hammer a 16mm spanner to the bolt, You must own a OSHM16OB in that wardrobe.
Simply replace under their warranty ;) if it does what others have done under stressful conditions.

I'll have to have a go next week !
Took a wee while to do the alternator, and will have to replace the HP power steering line again, this one has a poor connection to the steering rack, peeing everywhere !

TBC heh

So had another go today.
I did what Channel Hopper suggested (cheers).
I took the power steering pump off, nice and easy.
To get the belt off first..
I used a 14mm flexi ratchet head spanner on the pulley, with a standard 1/2 ratchet on that.. Then a handle from a trolley jack as an extension bar :D
Did the trick very easily.
It also helps to remove the black U shaped bracket that holds a couple of ac pipes.
Finally got a 17mm socket on it and the amazing Milwaukee impact driver onto it, off in 2 seconds!
I torqued it back to around 85nm, hopefully that's enough.
Hopefully that's sorted now, just waiting a while for some loctite 577 to cure on my poxy high pressure power steering hose (steering rack end).