What's new

Just got a 2006 2.0 Accord and some Questions

Welcome Richard.

I would also recommend having the aircon serviced at Honda. I've discovered very recently that these cars can suffer from aircon pump failure (same engine in my wife's FRV).

Ensure you use genuine Honda parts, especially the plugs.

Also I would go for 5w/40 in that engine.

You don't need to bother with the fuel filter at that mileage, they are not really a servicable item (however it's not impossible to change if you really want to do it, located in the tank under the rear seat).

Transmission fluid should be Honda MTF3, nothing else.

And yes Clutch and Transmission fluid are completely different things. I would recommend also doing the clutch and brake fluid (same fluid type), and then you have a complete major service done.

+1 on a/c. I had a compressor on mine go, need to use them alot IMO, if they are inactive they just stop working.. period.

and, yep they are friggin expensive.

i use 5/30 oil, castrol. I had 2 changes done since last august. The last one 2 weeks ago at 7k miles or so (not many miles but thought why not). I have not dropped down on any oil in the driving and engine runs very well so just stick to 5/30.

You can get all the parts from HH (Holdcroft Hona) they are listed in the Affiliates section of the forum. If you can't see the Affiliates section, it's because you haven't made 10 posts yet. Not sure about that.

When you call HH, just tell them you're a member of TA and they give 10% discount and free postage.

if you want a good deal on oil try lubetechshop.co.uk, i think the mods have a discount code