What's new

k20a6 engine mods?

ruggerpt

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hiya guys, I have a 2003 honda accord executive with the k20a6 engine. 155bhp is nice but I'd like to try and squeeze out 180-190 is this possible without having to remortgage?! If so what mods would you recommend? I have a high flow panel filter on the way and am going to get a ss cat back exhaust for starters. Any help much appreciated

ruggerpt said:
Hiya guys, I have a 2003 honda accord executive with the k20a6 engine. 155bhp is nice but I'd like to try and squeeze out 180-190 is this possible without having to remortgage?! If so what mods would you recommend? I have a high flow panel filter on the way and am going to get a ss cat back exhaust for starters. Any help much appreciated
Sorry to dissappoint you, but you'll never get 180bhp without turbo

Decent exhaust and induction and a reflash from Ukcl9 will see you hitting around 170bhp, still worth doing.

Thanks for the input guys. What about changing up cams or swapping the head for a k20a2? Anyone had any experience in this?

I understand it's an economic engine I'm not disputing that haha I don't want to just sell it and buy something els if I was going to do that I could by something much quicker than a cl9 lol I just want to get the best out of the engine I have while I have it but thanks for your input!

Ps when you said earlier in the thread that a reflashed ecu would give more "elasticity" what did yu mean lol

ukcl9 said:
its not as simple as that.ive seen it done once in ireland.it cost thousands.and a mod list the lenth of your arm to do it.it still made under 200 bhp...the k20a6 is an ECO ENGINE...not built for performance.buy a cl9 if you want bhp and fun
To be honest, after 2 years i still haven't found the eco engine underneath my bonnet :-/

+1 ukcl9, can you remap k20a1 engine coming from the honda stream 2004 rn3?

ukcl9 said:
price is £200 to the first person who has a k20A6 reflash..in return for the discount you have to write a detailed review of the reflash on this forum

i need your ecu part number for the accord and the stream

thanks
So they part number on the ecu unit right? Will check these for you next week.

ukcl9 said:
i can reflash your ecu,to help give the car more elasticity.but sadly the k20a6 is an eco engine....you want power sell yours and buy the 2.4.lots of power to be found in that engine
Hey buddy. Do you cover Milton Keynes? And how much does a reflash cost>?

Cheers.