What's new

Limp mode, code p1401

63*north

Reaction score
Car
accord mk8 diesel
My diesel tourer 2010 2,2 idtec goes into limp mode and pulling code1401. erase the code and all is fine for 1000 km . the text coming up is , 1) differential pressure feedback egr circuit high input 2) Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow test fault... the car runs normal when not in limp mode, Not mapped ,100% orginal.
had a cracked egr pipe (The one under the air intake) the pipe is replaced by a new one now
could this cracked egr pipe cause codes and limp mode?

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
It can yes. Drop me a line if you want a permanent solution.

63*north

Reaction score
Car
accord mk8 diesel
Thanks for the answer, will try with the new pipe for a while, if the car goes into limp mode and keep on throwing p1401 and other egr,dpf related codes I will go for a more permanent solution.
As I´m based on the other side of the North Sea, Norway, its a pretty long drive over. But thanks for the offer, must be someone around here that can do the job ?.
Appreciate your posts on this forum,

63*north

Reaction score
Car
accord mk8 diesel
The codes and limp mode still there after changing a cracked pipe.. My local tuner will delete/map out the whole Egr system and without putting in a blanking plate .
Don`t this car need blanking plates ?

63*north

Reaction score
Car
accord mk8 diesel
thank you , and l guess you blank the pipe at the exhaust manifold (behind the turbo)?