What's new

Limp mode, code p1401

63*north

Reaction score
Car
accord mk8 diesel
My diesel tourer 2010 2,2 idtec goes into limp mode and pulling code1401. erase the code and all is fine for 1000 km . the text coming up is , 1) differential pressure feedback egr circuit high input 2) Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow test fault... the car runs normal when not in limp mode, Not mapped ,100% orginal.
had a cracked egr pipe (The one under the air intake) the pipe is replaced by a new one now
could this cracked egr pipe cause codes and limp mode?

It can yes. Drop me a line if you want a permanent solution.

Thanks for the answer, will try with the new pipe for a while, if the car goes into limp mode and keep on throwing p1401 and other egr,dpf related codes I will go for a more permanent solution.
As I´m based on the other side of the North Sea, Norway, its a pretty long drive over. But thanks for the offer, must be someone around here that can do the job ?.
Appreciate your posts on this forum,

The codes and limp mode still there after changing a cracked pipe.. My local tuner will delete/map out the whole Egr system and without putting in a blanking plate .
Don`t this car need blanking plates ?

thank you , and l guess you blank the pipe at the exhaust manifold (behind the turbo)?