What's new

littlebo reflash Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
ukcl9 understood what I was talking about btw, so why did Sergey and Dinu arrive and ukcl9 has backed off ?

btw it would be nice to know a proper name for ukcl9, and it would be nice to use proper names in a discussion, and it would be nice to use and understand good english language in a uk forum.

another point that you guys are over-looking is that the owners-manual for my car is a standard owners-manual, see the scan, and work out the ratios yourselves from the scan.

Man, first don't call anybody rude before calling rude the diesel boy as he starts the flame on this topic everytime, and he offended us a few times. I did not see you standing against that at least once.
Sergey probably snapped also, as every man has a certain window of tolerance.
So before starting to call somebody rude, why don't you start with your buddy.

Second, why do you do multiple posts, instead of editing one.

Freddo, I'm not rude and never wanted to be, it's just your personal reception. do us a favour, switch 1st to 2nd and tell us what rpms you see on taho ? since car is stock you must see 4500 rpms for 2nd gear, not 3700 like you calculated. hope your internal engineering world will not ruin after that. I don't mind you drive your car with calc in left hand and manual in right coz you drive 1 car and don't even pay attention at revs and I drove at least 40 stock mt cl9 and I know what I'm talking about. period. I told ya that all Honda cl9 has same trannies, all years, all regions, trims , it not depends on quantity of owners not their manuals.

littlebo said:
Freddo, I'm not rude and never wanted to be, it's just your personal reception. do us a favour, switch 1st to 2nd and tell us what rpms you see on taho ? since car is stock you must see 4500 rpms for 2nd gear, not 3700 like you calculated. hope your internal engineering world will not ruin after that. I don't mind you drive your car with calc in left hand and manual in right coz you drive 1 car and don't even pay attention at revs and I drove at least 40 stock mt cl9 and I know what I'm talking about. period. I told ya that all Honda cl9 has same trannies, all years, all regions, trims , it not depends on quantity of owners not their manuals.
words fail me

This thread is hilarious .....
It still seems as hard as however hard sales people for this reflash try ... Noone as yet with trusted forum experience has gone for or tried this product , ,,, and until they do the debate will rumble on , what i do find irritating however is an attempt on every cl9 thread an attempt to promote this reflash ... I mean come on guys like the man said get a website or something ?
No offence meant or intended to anyone lol

I guess you forgot to use fg ratio in your calculations, and you can just open YouTube and look for accord 2.4 acceleration or smth like that to get random vids to compare. type s always has red dash, exec on 2nd vid has blue backlight. don't be that stubborn, we are here to find the truth, not to offend and hurt each other with words.

Mark, I see no promotion. just debates, bs and holy war around tranny. second guy who's booked a test will respond soon. after that ecu goes to any guy who has respect here. I see freddo for doing this as we agreed. if he decide to jump off I can offer it to Steve.

And hey, it was epic to see that one member preferred this reflash over the one he owned for long time. btw, made by recognized in UK tune company. small step to success.

littlebo said:
I guess you forgot to use fg ratio in your calculations, and you can just open YouTube and look for accord 2.4 acceleration or smth like that to get random vids to compare. type s always has red dash, exec on 2nd vid has blue backlight. don't be that stubborn, we are here to find the truth, not to offend and hurt each other with words.
yes, let's get to the truth :)

STOP ALL THE POSTS, EVERYONE, WHILE i TYPE A FULL ANSWER

The manual for my car agrees with the reality of my car.

The rpm in my car agrees with the calculations.

My car is CM2.

But, I have driven Eric's CL9, and asfar as I remember, it was the same as my car, but, I could be wrong. The new owner could check in his owners-manual to see what it says.

Finally, ukcl9 changed his gearbox to an ep3, which according to his post a -ways-back, gives similar results to the vids. So why did he change to ep3 if i was same as the vids ?

I don't understand Mark's point so the UK members who already have a reflash or already tried the test ECU are not trusting people ? :)
Who establishes the list of trusted persons ? :)

freedofrog and littlebo is not so important who is right (is not important from the reflash point of view of this thread), you are both hanging on a very small detail, we all know the first to second gear ratio is not good, that's why some of us changed the gears, also.

freddofrog said:
The manual for my car agrees with the reality of my car.

The rpm in my car agrees with the calculations.

My car is CM2.

But, I have driven Eric's CL9, and asfar as I remember, it was the same as my car, but, I could be wrong. The new owner could check in his owners-manual to see what it says.

Finally, ukcl9 changed his gearbox to an ep3, which according to his post a -ways-back, gives similar results to the vids. So why did he change to ep3 if i was same as the vids ?
posted to new owner of Eric's car in another thread
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/17158-remote-fob/#entry188835

freddo, I've never tried cm2 personally to watch at the taho, I can check for tranny ***embly code in parts catalogue to tell if it's same as cl9 but I think it's so.

ukcl9 has close results coz gears are shorter but he has more rpms available.

You asked why he swapped to ctr gears ? to have better acceleration at the cost of top speed. but once he keep stock fd and 6th gear he still has good hwy rpms at cruising.

ukcl9 said:
changing the gear ratios makes a massive improvement in accelration.ep3 gear 1-5
reading above i think my speedo is 4mph slower than sat nav
1st longer 42 mph @7600
2nd shorter 63mph
3rd shorter 86mph
4th shorter 112mph

i think the best mods for the k24 are reflash and gear ratio changes
very similar speeds to those vids Sergey, so I don't see why he went to all that trouble, because it wouldn't achieve better acceleration unless stock cl9 is same as stock cm2

check part numbers if you wish, but I would rather get the reply from Pete1958 when he has looked in the CL9 owners-manual

My point was who on here actually has this reflash yet ? With a stock gearbox? and who arent ***ociated with littlebo ?
When something comes along which was previously not available its natural for people to be sceptical ... And im sure if it turns out to be success many people will keen to have it too ,
I no longer own a CL9 and dont care either way , i just thought it was a bit poor that on every thread mentioning a CL9 was followed by a " what you need is a reflash .." Increase your RPM to 7600 etc etc

Mark, I don't see what you see (that every thread recommend a reflash) but if you have mentioned it , take a look at tsxclub forum , where the reflash is considered the best mod for the CL9, by people not involved in any sale .

Guys you hanging too much, on that rpm point.
I've looked randomly over some videos on the youtube, all of them seem to have over 4000 drop in rpm.
I pretty sure I did not see cars having gear ratio changed, only.

If is truth the rpm point drops to 3700 and ***uming those videos where we see 4500 are true - what will be the expalination - will it be a speedo/rpm delay ?

dinoc said:
If is truth the rpm point drops to 3700 and ***uming those videos where we see 4500 are true - what will be the expalination - will it be a speedo/rpm delay ?
no it's gear ratios, can only be that.

if Eric's CL9 (now Pete's) is same as my CM2, then it means that there are differences, maybe by year, maybe by market

Yes on the tsx ecu which i believe is different to the uk model ... Also the tsx produces more power stock than the uk model so again wheres the comparison ? Anyway ill but out now and see how it progresses .... Ive had my 2 pence worth lol

The comparasion is in many aspects, the engines are very very similar, and the reflash is very very similar.

the real problem is that you guys don't know how to "trade" in a discussion, it's all "push" or "wriggle"

maybe cultural, may not be, but it doesn't help your cause

Similar discussion took place on the Croatian forum where Sergei introduced reflash.
I was among the skeptical ones and I was offered to try the product on my ATS. Basically I fell on my ***, paid Sergei and drive for a couple of months much better car.
I am very pleased. I will not praise more reflash, I have nothing to do with Sergey. I'm just a happy customer. Waiting for your reviews
As for this debate, I am glad that you have a lot of questions and arguments that you are technically equipped (more than me).

I spent my afternoon chilling in the sun, in a friend's back garden, talking trivia and watching the kids play. It was very nice...

...so you guys spent the afternoon getting wound up over gear box ratios :unsure:

Everyone chill out.

- Jon & Dinoc, chill out guys, your spat reads pathetic! It's embarrassing and massively distracting for those trying to get to the bottom of all of this <_<.

- Brian, we all hear you and your concerns, but please take it easy mate. Speaking as an internet user in general (not as a moderator right now), whenever I see rapid posting on a thread by the same user, it sounds alarm bells about how wound up that person is letting themselves get. The eagerness to post additional thoughts, comments etc... I hope this isn't the case with you, but if it is, remember we're only people talking on the internet. There's no need for pressure and anguish. It's not like if this matter isn't resolved by midnight the world will end!

- Mark, thank you for some fresh air in this thread.

- UKCL9, Mark's right, it looks bad when every CL9 thread ends up with the same post trying to push the remap.

Now, this thread seems to be calming down, but just in case I'm going to reiterate a previous post. Please, everyone, read it and take it in. I mean really take it in. Get what I'm saying!!! Seriously chill out, wind your necks in, don't post anything and let's see what happens once more established users try the damned thing out!

Stevearcade said:
Hold on guys!!!

The reason for letting this thread run is that despite littlebo not being in anyway a forum approved trader, TA staff want to know more. A cost effective K24 remap solution has been hard to come by for a long time. This has the potential to be of some merit. It could be rubbish, but we need to find out either way.

Therefore, you could call it the benefit of the doubt. I prefer to call it patience or the waiting game. Jumping to conclusions in any walk of life is simply foolish. Be it ***uming this remap is good or that littlebo is a crook! :huh:

Consider it a game of poker. You keep quiet. Keep your cards close to your chest, see what's on the table and how the deck is playing out... Over time, true colours show themselves. If it's good, it will speak for itself. If littlebo's a crook, he'll be blocked from the site and big warning put around the Honda community.

It seems several people are making a lot of noise, arguments have ensued and made it very hard for us to get any nearer a conclusion on this topic.

Further to this:

I can appreciate and support the notion of non-K24 owners taking an interest in the interest of the wider community. Especially if they have a background in this sort of stuff and can provide insight. This has taken place in this thread and is a good thing.

However, the repeated claims of crookedness is proving counter productive. I'm sure a few people here have thought it, but keep in mind the Poker Face ;) . It's not necessary to shout it out loud! I'm somewhat alarmed at the stress level, worry and urgency with which some of you approach this. It's as if you worry the admin/mods are not doing a good enough job here...?

Just because certain people aren't making a lot of noise in this thread, does not mean they aren't reading this and waiting for a reason (positive or negative) to intervene.

Also, please don't under estimate forum users. The user base of TA are not stupid. They will not willingly part with £300 on any modification unless they are completely comfortable with ***ociated risks and responsibilities. You always modify at your own risk to an extent.

Secondly, as mentioned above, please don't think staff aren't doing their job here. This whole topic is being monitored very closely.

Dinoc: Please, for you own sake, keep out of this thread for now. You're letting things wind you up.
Jon: Please stop accusing littlebo ***ociates of being crooks until we know more. It's not helping anyone and the rest of TA are able to make their own judgements.
Brian: Thank you for your insight, but please don't go wasting petrol driving at 3am. No one's asking you to do this mate. It's not necessary mate. Please don't worry that much. After all, this is only an internet forum... Not worth driving when tired.

Also, can we hold fire now on any more arguing until Sfai returns with his review of XO versus Littlebo.

Please everyone go make yourselves a cup of tea and chill out in other threads or watch some TV or something. Leave this thread alone for a day or two. Calm yourselves. It's not worth getting wound up over.

Thanks guys.

- Mark, you call for reputable people to try out this ECU. Sfai, I can ***ure you is reputable, however, although long standing, and attending many meets, he's a fairly quiet poster, so can understand if people aren't sure who he is. Once it's available I'm going to receive the test ECU. I don't have access to a Dyno, but I will be doing like for like round town and A-Road blasts. I will give as detailed a write up as possible. I believe Freddofrog is in line before me to test the ECU also. It's simply a matter of time.

Pete, (the lucky owner of my old CL9 !) can check the manual, the gear ratios are there.

This is getting out of control here, why do the guys doing this reflash post up recent videos of cars that have been modified, not random ones from youtube.

if the development of this is mature there is ample time to get out on a track and stick up videos.

And we have MPH here in the uk, as Brian said :p

And all the constant mentions of re-flashing in posts here is annoying.

Just get onto the admins and open up a trade section or something, that or open a website.

I'm not saying the product is not good btw, you guys just going about business wrong.

Yes you may be right about this , it could be a cultural thing, I'm not a selling person either (I have no comission on ukcl9/littlebo here) I've tried to give my feedback as a forum user (which I am, long time, since alnug was activating here) (and definetely I wouldn't sell anything if in my country if I wouldn't be happy , in fact I've tested this on my car a few thousnds km before selling it there).
But by any cultural barrier I cannot stand posts and offends like those comming from that diesel owner , maybe your cultural background makes you to behave diferentely in cases like these but other behaves in other way ... l

freddofrog said:
the real problem is that you guys don't know how to "trade" in a discussion, it's all "push" or "wriggle"

maybe cultural, may not be, but it doesn't help your cause

Status
Not open for further replies.