What's new

Looking for a 2.4 Auto Tourer

I was going to look at it today, but when we were in that area we still had a 3 hour wait until the time he told us he was available, so didn't bother, plus I knew you were potentially buying it today and didn't want to waste time if it had already gone.

I got the cheaper one you also looked at, the one with the cracked mirror, none of the faults you found really worried me too much, the missing service history got me thinking but the engine was running very sweetly and the gearbox felt fine, also some of the faults you described like the pulling and brake judder didn't happen today either on the test drive or the 90 mile drive home, both of the heated seats were working too, so I'm going to service it in the next couple of weeks and see if I can get a disc to work in the sat nav drive.

I was going to look at it today, but when we were in that area we still had a 3 hour wait until the time he told us he was available, so didn't bother, plus I knew you were potentially buying it today and didn't want to waste time if it had already gone.

I got the cheaper one you also looked at, the one with the cracked mirror, none of the faults you found really worried me too much, the missing service history got me thinking but the engine was running very sweetly and the gearbox felt fine, also some of the faults you described like the pulling and brake judder didn't happen today either on the test drive or the 90 mile drive home, both of the heated seats were working too, so I'm going to service it in the next couple of weeks and see if I can get a disc to work in the sat nav drive.

I think he was out this afternoon, I had to wait until 4pm before I could see it again. Also there was abit of confusion with the ball joint, the advisory was for the drop link not the lower arm so an easy fix! :lol:

How much did you pay for it cos they wouldn't take the £1,600 I offered or did you do a straight PX?

I'm actually surprised you've bought that one with the amount of work it needs doing. No history for the last 60k miles means it needs everything replaced on it including gearbox oil and spark plugs. The tyres were all different and quite old from what I remember so that was another £350-£400 on top.

They had actually put petrol in it for the test drive then, how far did you go cos I could only go around the block?

The heated seat definitely didn't work unless it's an intermittent fault. The steering wheel only wobbled when braking lightly at low speed, so if it didn't do that at all maybe they've done some work on the car.

I tried the disc that was in the car and the drive wouldn't take it at all, the screen wouldn't even work so I think it's abit more than just the disc causing it. Did the air con work, I never tested that?

End of the day I want to keep this car for a few years so was willing to spend an extra £800 on something that has been looked after and already had decent tyres etc.

I'm sure it will be fine mate :) Did they tax it for you or you drove it home without? The guy went and got the tax for mine today so I can collect tomorrow and then I remembered we only have a week of this month left! :rolleyes:

They didn't budge much on the price, but gave a decent p/x.
I'll be doing the work myself and get trade discount so the full service and mirror will be less than £100, didn't manage to get the sat nav going but the touch screen works for the climate control etc.
I was a bit annoyed about taxing it so close to the end of the month

Did the screen work when you viewed it or have you done something to it since, if so what was the problem?

Abit like me then but without the trade discount! :lol:

Lost about £20 on the tax but never mind, at least we get to drive an Accord a week earlier B)

good, now can you both let us know what cars did you take and what prices? what problems do they have ?
i'm glad for you two mates! :rolleyes:

from memory the black one looks ok, the blue one was F<>k^^ and needed a lot of work, plus point is the engine... :lol:

it would take a fair bit to bring it up to scratch but none the less they are both great motors.

I did a second test drive with mine to check for vibration at speed and it was quiet and so smooth. The guy knew what I was on about though when I said what I was checking for, he's experienced it before.

I will start a thread tomorrow once I get it but all it needs is:

New battery
Oil change
Panel air filter (Can only find pipercross on ebay)
Clean headlights (either mould is inside or out)
Geometry