What's new

Low MPG, bad vibrating/shaking when running idle,low revs or reversing.

RBGambler

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer DTEC
Hi, hope someone can help?
Got my 59 plate Accord DTEC tourer ES GT Auto in December 2019. 119k on the clock.
There is a dreadful vibrating and shaking when at low revs and idle also shakes bad when in reverse. Any ideas anyone please?
Ive already spend £740 on new alternator and battery.

I had 2004 tourer CDTI 12 years before and did 180k miles without any issues but was written off my some guy in a van who drive straight into the side of me. So unset as I think I loved that car more than my wife lol ( hopefully she won’t read this). I actually think it’s better than my DTEC.

Cheers
Eddy

Hi eddy, is the idle also present in neutral on idle or just when in drive? Ideally it needs to go on a diagnostic, sounds like a possible bad injector perhaps. You can book with me if interested, drop me a line.

Thanks for the reply F6HAD,
I was trying that earlier and was shifting through neutral to drive and then back too Reserve, it was very intermittent today as it was not always shaking in Neutral but noticeable difference when in reverse and drive. My MPG is averaging 29mpg which I think is a little low as I do drive on the A34 to work pretty much everyday. I know the injectors are expensive and a pain too replace. But it’s still under 3 months warranty for the gearbox and engine from the garage I brought it from in Bristol so keen to get it sorted.
my first thoughts was engine mounts then gearbox but the more I think about with the low MPG and vibration I did come to the conclusion it could be an injector but I only have basic mechanical experience. Sorry doesn’t help much.

If it’s under warranty then worth booking in with them before it expires