What's new

Malfuntion light and subsequent heater fan failure

simontown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord Tourer
Hi guys,

Hope all is well.....been away a while...guess I've been lucky enough to have had no issues with the tourer.

However, I was pushing the old girl hard up a hill on Thursday to get past a flash monkey in his Range Rover and the malfunction light came on....power dropped a little....and I carried on home....turned the engine on and off three times (as per the manual) and the light went off. I did run it low on diesel last time out and wonder if a blockage in the fuel filter might be the issue? I only use OEM filters btw and it's serviced regularly. No issues since....and my local tech is reading the faults for me on Tuesday so I should know more soon,

Anyway, not sure if it happened straight away and I didn't notice, or after but the fan has now stopped working....both on heating and a/c....suspecting the resistor pack may be the problem....seems a common issue....but any thoughts appreciated.

I think the old girl is due some tlc so I'm thinking of replacing the IMRC solenoid too....get an occasional issue with it not pulling away at low revs.

Interested in opinions.

Best wishes

Simon

Ok so heater issue resolved.....New resister pack and fan running sweetly.

Read errors re malfunction light and got P0103 Mass Air Flow Sensor High Input. Light out now and car seems fine....Any advice welcome....The light came on when I was pushing the car hard.....

Any advice welcome

Could be a failing air flow sensor simon.. the heater element inside may be failing.

If it hasn't happened again and the car is ok I would leave it for now. If it returns then replace the sensor..