MOT fail shokkkka

mac5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 SE Executive
Afternoon Gents,

Just had an MOT fail on my SE Exec

"Nearside front upper suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bush".

Expensive job?

Cheers in advance

Craig

Am I right in thinking this is what I need?

Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-1-6-1-8-2-0-2-2-08-1998-02-2003-UPPER-WISHBONE-Front-Near-Side-/281148870990?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item4175c7514e

Looks like that is the part^^.

Looks quite straightforward to DIY.

I would recommend using a decent brand or you may find yourself changing them again.

Aye I agree thats looks like the part....I have heard it said that when the balljoint goes the wishbone bushes tend to be near end of life too so it makes sense to change the whole upper arm - Honda only sell it as a complete unit.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S1T01&block_02=B__2700&block_03=2653
B__2700.jpg

4 PFKL658128 ARM ***Y., R. FR. UPPER £213.92 (€243.87) ($342.27) 001

5 PFKL658529 ARM ***Y., L. FR. UPPER £228.26 (€260.22) ($365.22) 001

7th Gen Howto - (should be close enough to 6th gen)

Hello Pal. Just did mine on my Accord buts it s 7th gen. You might need to take the shock out but easy enough. You need to change the whole arm mate and would suggest do it in pairs. Tock check for play push the wheel from the top and see if it rocks about.

Cheers guys

I need to find a garage to supply and fit ahead of new year so I don't have to mess about doing the SORN thing - tax goes on NYE.

It never rains, but it pours.

Knew I should have kept the second car a few months longer. Not a difficult thing to sort out, if not for the time of year :/

good luck pal, if you have any more questions just shout

I don't begrudge having the work done - she's been fairly fault free in the last 18 months, especially given I only paid £400 for her.

New exhaust, a couple of starter motors and a couple of drop links up to now, and of course a wishbone.

It's a 15 year old car so these sort of stuff is expected, one you do her up she will be good for many more years of motoring B)

Job done and MOT passed.

23k since the last test, I really cannot complain. Now rolling on 146k.

Love it! Score one for old Hondas.

My other half's constant cries of "get rid of it, it's rubbish" aren't disheartening me, either.

People can't believe it's a £400 car. Recently drove a Nissan Primera of a similar vintage and couldn't believe how much more dynamic the Honda is, in fact, our works pool car is a 2005 Mondeo, and it ****es all over that, too.

To be fair, if people don't understand cars, they'll see a 15 year old car and think it's rubbish. And sadly, true to stereotype, women are very bad when it comes to this. She'll see an old car and the moment something's wrong with it, it's because it's old and it needs replacing. When in fact it's probably got a much better reliability record than most 7th gens here, petrol and diesel alike, as the 6th gens are just brilliant when it comes to reliability. They're like the Terminator. They cannot be reasoned with, they cannot be bargained with, they will just keep on going :lol: .

This woman drives an Alfa Romeo, but not because it's an Alfa, because it looked the prettiest...

I despair some days. She's failing to understand that in 18 months of ownership, I've spent less than two of her car payments on my Accord, including purchase price, servicing, tyres and MOT.

For the purpose of this example I negate to mention RFL, which I pay 6x as much for. :blush: